Layer3 is one of the fastest growing systems integrator and network solutions company in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, data center infrastructure, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
To learn more about Layer3 and our services, visit our website at www.layer3.ng
In order to support our client's diverse businesses, Layer3 delivers world-class solutions that meet our client's technology needs.
You will be responsible for securing short and long-term profitable business for Layer3 through proactive business development and management of Layer3 resources based on fundamental understanding of our customers’ business, operations and objectives. You will also be expected to act with strong authority and accountability to develop the business relation and actively contribute to making customers successful.
The role adds value by:
- Managing the overall team process to develop workload/solution area, competitive and strategic initiative opportunity and pipeline assessment.
- Developing and maintaining a valid, healthy team pipeline.
- Managing a team of Solution Sales and Pre-Sales Specialists whose role is to provide pre-sales technical support and guidance to our customers. This includes providing and managing customers, where required, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS) and proof-of-concepts (POCs).
- Developing a resource allocation strategy that enables effective opportunity engagement.
- Growing individual employees into effective and knowledgeable Solution Sales Professionals and Technology Solution Professionals who are motivated and committed to their customers and internal teams.
- Hiring qualified individuals with high potential to succeed.
- Growing and maintaining healthy customer relationships.
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Maximize customer relationship, build loyalty and eliminate customer churn
• Develop long term business
• Generate profitability sales
• Ensure quality & profitability in delivery
• Lead & develop high performing sales teams
• Cultural awareness
• Change Management
• Teamwork & Collaboration
• Negotiation & argumentation skills
• Layer3 Portfolio Knowledge
• Problem solving & Strategic thinking
• Presentation & communication skills
• Social ability and interpersonal skills
• Intellectual ability & Strategic thinking
• Innovative and creative
• Result oriented
• Open minded
• Passion to win
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electronics/Communications Engineering, business administration or computer science (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Professional training - Sales and partner management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications space, business process consulting or automation, CRM (Open ERP or other), Employee Performance Management (systems and processes)
- Sales - previous experience leading technical and non-technical sales teams with quotas/targets
- People - people management and professional skills development of employees; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams; readiness and career plan development
- Organization - experience in successfully implementing new organization models including change management aspects
- Understanding and knowledge of Juniper Networks, Cisco, F5, Blue Coat, AirWatch and other Layer3 partner and competitor products is a big plus
- Leadership skills, particularly as they relate to managing strategic issues such as revenue growth, competitive challenges, technology trends and other issues impacting Layer3 and customers
- Ability to engage at C-level
- Continued progress in cultural shift (humility, stewardship, customer satisfaction).
- Combination of business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to understand how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
- Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and planning.
- Facilitating/encouraging cross-team account and resource planning.
- Hiring high potential employees who align with current requirements and can grow into future requirements and roles.
Method of Application
Do you thrive in a high-recognition, high-reward environment and want the opportunity to contribute to building a great company and developing relationships with clients, not just in Nigeria, but all around Africa? If you answered yes, then we are the company for you. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today to apply for this job!
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.