Category: Accounts, Finance, Tax, Audit, Treasury (Port-harcourt)
Sector: Hotel / Aviation / Travel / Media
Global Profilers is a Recruitment and HR Services firm that specializes in Recruitment in Africa; We are currently looking for a Facilities Construction Project Manager.
Business Unit: Global Facilities
Department: Base Operations
Reports to: Director Global Services
Contract duration: 6 months contract with possibility of extension
The individual will ensures that all required facilities will be constructed within budget and on time in Nigeria to support flying from various bases as designated. Implement complex construction projects. Lead, assign, and monitor work for a team or teams of outsourced construction companies, project management, engineers, architects etc. Previous experience in hangar construction or similar facilities is required.
- Evaluate solution deployment options while considering cost, time, KPI’s and CHC operational requirements
- Ensure compliance with established processes and procedures
- Utilize project management processes and methodologies best practices; mentor Project Management as appropriate
- Ensure projects are delivered safely, on time, within budget, and within scope to meet high quality expectation
- Develop accurate and detailed estimation and manage project financials in a timely manner as applicable.
- Assemble, maintain, and motivate a high-performance team
- Enforce the use of quality methodologies and tools throughout project lifecycle, escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately
- Minimize the level and scope of change required in all aspects of projects
- Create an open forum for communication and idea exchange with key stakeholders.
- Communicate status effectively to all stakeholders using documented standards
- Direct Construction Management in the successful implementation of construction phasing as applicable
- Look for synergies and opportunities to leverage across multiple projects
- Actively seeks cost saving opportunities throughout the life cycle of a project
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and handle work requests with a sense of urgency and be accountable for business function results.
- Other duties as assigned
- Budget Responsibility: Project budgets
Key interface relationships (internal and external):
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Indirect Sourcing
Number of employees managed: None
Number of employees indirectly managed: None
Number of third party employees (contractors/outsourced) managed: Varies by project
The role is global/regional/ local: Regional
Breadth of functions under management: Design, construction and delivery of facility projects
Travel: International and domestic travel may be required
Qualification and Experience:
(Critical experience, knowledge, qualifications, skills, and competencies needed to perform this role - over and above standard AA leadership and personal success factors).
Mark each with E=essential, P=preferred.
- E - Strong analytical skills
- E - Excellent financial skills
- E- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- E- Ability to prioritize and balance simultaneous work projects
- E- Bachelor’s Degree
- E- 10+ years relevant professional work experience
- E- 3+ years of experience in managing teams or projects
- E- Advanced technical and business knowledge in multiple design and construction disciplines/technologies/processes
- P – Prior experience with aviation facility projects
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.