Latest Career Opportunity at Shell Plc.
Posted on: 28 November, 2014
Deadline: 5 December, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
Experience: 0 year(s)
Course of Study: Accounting
Reference ID: 10713BR
The Business Integrity Department (BID) is a specialist unit within Shell Internal Audit that is responsible for managing the Shell Global Helpline and Code of Conduct Compliance Incident Reporting. BID investigates allegations of fraud and other alleged Code of Conduct violations. It also provides expertise in the area of fraud prevention and detection including training and reputational due diligence.
Shell is looking to recruit an experienced Investigation Case Manager. The purpose of this position is to typically conduct investigations of a higher complexity level with minimum support and coaching required, manage cases and support others in the department in conducting cases, preferably working from Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The role’s primary objective is to support and conduct investigations into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law to maximize success and minimize liability and to effectively facilitate management decision-making including consequence management. Investigations may involve, but are not limited to, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors/suppliers and others.
- The role’s secondary objective is to identify internal control weaknesses and quantifying any possible losses, as well as utilising forensic data analytic tools to identify relevant indicators.
- You are a Qualified accountant (e.g. RA, CPA, ACCA) with accounting, financial, economics and/or business administration qualification,
- An experienced investigator with previous substantial law enforcement experience in conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime or forensic accountant with a university degree (Bachelors but ideally a Masters) in accounting/Finance or law with a minimum of ten years’ experience.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to provide Civil/Criminal testimony regarding your work product, familiarity with electronic data systems and data collection, unquestioned honesty and integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high level of objectivity.
- Experience in conducting data analytics would be a major advantage. Accounting/Legal, Contracting & Procurement, Finance, IT or project management skills and experience within a major corporate would also be an advantage.
- Must be able to self-manage the case load and pick up more senior stakeholder engagements.
- The individual must be able to conduct, i.e. plan and execute, investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- The individual should be able to identify accounting and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss.
- The individual should have detailed knowledge of accounting records and systems and a working knowledge of forensic data interrogation techniques.
- The individual should be able to maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
- The role requires conducting witness and subject interviews, the collection, preservation and analysis of evidence (digital and hard copy) to appropriate court standards, as well as an understanding of criminal and civil law.
- The individual will be required to prepare detailed written reports subject to third party review (civil and/or criminal) and testify as required in legal proceedings.
- The individual should also be able to effectively manage whistleblowers, maintaining the strictest confidence.
- The individual should possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- The role requires the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with other departments within Shell at various levels of management.
- The individual must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be able to work with minimum supervision, but should also be able to integrate effectively into a team environment, participate actively in delivering departmental goals and demonstrate strong collaborative and co-operative skills.
- The individual must be able to liaise effectively and maintain a network of contacts with the relevant law enforcement and criminal justice bodies.
- The individual will also be required to interact effectively with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors.
- The individual will be required to respond to company emergency situations, which may include the requirement to travel at short notice. The role requires travel of up to approximately 40% although this is variable depending on demand to conduct and/or assist with investigations relating to Shell businesses located in the Africa Region and other countries as required.
- The individual will also be expected to participate in various audit activities as needed
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Russelsmith Group
- Human Resource Vacancy at Excel Professional Services - Oil and Gas Company
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy
- Engineering Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Latest Job Opportunities at AOS Orwell
- Finance Role in the Oil and Gas Industry - Adexen
- Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited