Vacancies in a New Internationally Funded Child and Family Health Development Project
Posted on: 28 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
A new internationally funded development project seeks the following candidate for immediate placement in a new Abuja office to manage an innovative advocacy in child and family health project.
- Staff will be engaged on the basis of 1 year renewable contracts over 3 years
- The M&E officer MUST be passionate about using data to track the performance of the project.
- S/he will operationalise the M&E framework of the project by developing the M&E plan; tracking and evaluating all activities and conducting baseline, midterm and end line evaluations
- Develop and review annual M&E budgets and work-plans for grantee and sub-grantees
- Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of the project, including data quality and data use strategies;
- Ensure the alignment of research and M&E activities with program goals, and contribute to the development of annual work-plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities;
- Train grantee and sub-grantee M&E staff on M&E guidelines, survey instruments, data collection tools, and other tools for M&E.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years’ experience conducting M&E in an international environment or a donor funded public health or rights based program;
- Knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS, EPI-INFO)
- Strong interest and competences in data collection and analysis
- First degree in the Social Sciences having read statistics
- A post-graduate Degree in Demography, Statistics, Sociology, Development Studies or Public Health will be an advantage.
go to method of application »
- Under the direction of the Director of Grants and Finance, the Finance Officer will make and manage budgets and be responsible for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements of donor funds.
- S/he will assist the Director of Grants and Finance to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of accounts for projects; including checking account, supply registers and all accounting records;
- Ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of the project; support accounting workflows of the office
- The incumbent will also be required to prepare financial reports for projects, monitor and track obligations arid expenditure as well as analyze burn rates; provide training and backstopping on the accounting systems.
- The ideal candidate will possess a First degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or in any other relevant field
- 2-5 years of post National Youth Service experience, of which at least 1 year must be in similar role in a donor funded program
- A candidate with professional accounting qualification; proven ability to management grants; excellent computer skills with specialty in spread sheet, accounting software or a relevant Post Graduate Degree will have an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and 1 page letter of application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert applicant’s full name and post applied for in the subject of the E-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)