Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain nature! resources.
Winrock International is currently recruiting for suitably qualified candidate for the position of: Chief of Party - Nigeria Energy & Energy Efficiency Project with Winrock's Clean Energy Group (CEG). The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described below.
Unit: Clean Energy Group (CEG)
Report to: Home Office Project Director, CEG
The “Promoting Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Project” (hereinafter referred to as REEEP or the Project) is a four-pronged approach to developing the renewable energy and energy efficiency markets in Nigeria.
- The first component of the Project provides technical capacity building services to Nigerian Banks in order to increase debt financing to the clean energy sector, and to encourage full utilization of Development Credit Authority (DCA) funds.
- The second component of the Project will work with clean energy project developers to help produce “bankable” project and equity financing proposals, and help these projects achieve financial closure.
- The third component will be to work with universities, technical institutions and other stakeholders to build the vocational capacity.
- And finally, the fourth component focuses on enhancing governance to enact enabling politics that create favorable conditions for private sector investment in the in renewable energy.
REEEP is based in Abuja. It is underway and will continue until - 2018. It has a total project budget of approximately USD $4 Million,
- Oversee and be accountable for successful implementation of the Project.
- Employ the highest standard of integrity appropriate to the fiduciary duty of the position.
- Identify, assess and recommend Investment targets for eventual private bank financing.
- Ensure financial closure (debt component) of projects according to REEEP requirements by working closely with project sponsors and participating financial institutions.
- Lead and manage communication with private and public financial institutions on risk assessment of loan activities and structuring loan products appropriate for the renewable energy sector of Nigeria.
- Supervise and manage provision of technical services through consultants and subcontractors.
- Supervise and be accountable for financial and operational administration of the Project
- Supervise and support long- and short-term staff employed by the Project.
- Be responsible for and report on compliance with all Winrock procedures and USAID regulations.
- Complete and deliver annual work plans and progress reports; monitor implementation of these plans.
- Complete and deliver quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of Project results
- Monitor Project indicators, evaluate the Project results and make recommendations for improvement in Project implementation.
- Monitor Project performance and revise and adapt operations with as necessary to ensure success.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular field visits to Project areas to assure progress toward activity objectives and goals.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with Winrock's Home Office for Project support and direction.
- Coordinate with other international donor programs relevant to the Project activities
- Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required.
Qualification and Background
- MBA or Masters Degree in Finance, Economics, Law, Public Policy Environment, Engineering or other related field is required.
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience in the Financial Sector with demonstrated experience helping energy projects achieve financial closure.
- Experience with international development organizations leading and managing projects with an overall budget of $4Million or more.
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded projects in Nigeria or West Africa is a plus.
- Proven excellent oral and written communications skills,
- The remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Method of Application
email@example.com referencing “Chief of Party - Nigeria Renewable Energy"
- Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.
- Nigerian or West African candidates residing in Nigeria or the region are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale