Vacancy at Travelstart Web Logistics
Posted on: 26 November, 2014
Deadline: 30 November, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Travelstart
Travelstart Web Logistics - One of Europe's original online travel pioneers (launched in 1999), a company with an aggressive emerging markets growth strategy, is currently looking for a Marketing Manager in Lagos. This presents an opportunity to be part of a company with a rapid international expansion plan and to assist in building and growing the business using your entrepreneurial flair and making your mark in the Nigerian travel industry.
Travelstart Web Logistics is currently recruiting to fill the position of:
We are looking for an Accountant who will fit into the Travelstart family. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Love for the travel industry.
- Ideas generator.
- Meet requirements but continually exceed expectations.
- As our Accountant, you will take responsibility for the full financial and bookkeeping function, working closely with the Country Manager to perform daily financial administrative tasks, as well as liaising effectively with the other supporting functions.
- The role of the Accountant is to ensure that all financial reporting deadlines are met both internally and externally which will include monthly and annual accounts based upon the financial information that is compiled and analysed. The Accountant will ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with lawful and accepted procedures and policies on the corporate level. The Accountant will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining financial data as well as establishing and monitoring control procedures and policies. This person should have strong multitasking skills, be organised, trustworthy, and thorough with good administrative and excellent communication skills and an efficient and fast paced working style.
The key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Overall responsibility for local office financial accounting and bookkeeping, including financial accounting aspects of Travelstart internal system.
- Performance of financial controls specified by Homebase.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for local office and home base reporting purposes.
- Daily/monthly bookkeeping entries in accounting software program and preparation of Trial Balances, Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash flow Statements.
- Responsible for all reconciliations (BSP, Bank and cash, TCC ticket matching, refunds, commissions, third party suppliers).
- Weekly TCC / AMD reporting.
- Banking and petty cash management; management and safe guarding of cash in the office; cash receipting and control for walk-in clients.
- All payments including BSP remittances, Payroll, Suppliers.
- Preparation of statutory returns with relevant authorities (Pension, Tax, VAT, FIRS, LIRS, PAYE etc).
- Relationship management (Banks, consultants, auditors, HMO).
- Company secretarial duties where required.
- General administration and filing.
- Local entity accounting and staying abreast of all local requirements (accounting, legal).
- Listed below are the minimum requirements with regards to skills, competencies and abilities needed for this role:
- Experience in an accounting software preferably Pastel Accounting Software.
- Relevant accounting qualification.
- Proven bookkeeping experience, particularly with BSP and general office.
- GDS experience beneficial.
- Must be computer-literate, be proficient with spread sheet applications and be able to multitask.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and efficient.
- Must be trustworthy and honest.
- Quick to spot errors and discrepancies, identify problems and even anticipate where trouble may potentially occur.
- Work tidiness.
- Willingness to follow up; self-motivated; proactive with a positive approach.
- Team player.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient in English language.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Travel Agency.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the travel industry.
- Strong understanding of both legal and ethical travel agency operations practices.
- Good understanding of applicable tax laws.
- Minimum educational qualification of a university degree.
- Professional certification .
Method of Application
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your motivation letter (no more than ½ page) and 3 page CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks).The reference for this opportunity is “Accountant” please insert this into the subject line of your email application.
Note: Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion of Travelstart.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about TravelstartSimilar Jobs
- HR and Admin Officer at a Petroleum Trading Company
- Graduate Sales Representatives at a Shipping and Logistics Firm - Fez Integrated Services
- Web Developers at HMM Limited
- IT Specialist at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) - APM Terminals
- MO Solutions & Operations Manager at Bollore Transport Logistics
- Sales and Marketing Officers at Nation Delivery Nigeria Limited
- Superintendent, Stores at APM Terminals
- Logistics Officers at a Logistics Firm - Aldelia Group