Wood Group PSN are the largest provider of brownfield services to the oil and gas industry. Our global network of over 29 000 people in more than 35 countries offers high integrity services that optimise the performance of facilities, maintain production, reduce operating costs, ensure asset integrity and extend the operating life of fields. To join our team visit https://jobs.woodgroup.com/ Wood Group PSN came into being in April 2011. It brings together the Production Facilities part of engineering giant, Wood Group, with leading independent brownfield contractor, Production Services Network. We have a shared heritage of pioneering many aspects of the North Sea industry and being global leaders in developing local talent. We are structured as a network to ensure the most flexible approach to meeting our customers’ needs and to allow maximum engagement for all our employees. Our aim is to be the best production services business in the world. To achieve this, we put our Core Values at the centre of all that we do.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for a Project controls Manager on a 6/2 rotational basis located at our office in Lagos, in Nigeria. The successful candidate will provide compliance with WG Dover JV processes and procedures and responsible tor development of project specific processes to meet contract / client requirements
- Management, Provision and Coordination of all Project Controls activities including
- Planning, Cost Management, Estimating and Change Control
- Ensure the contract Project Controls requirements are identified, understood and communicated to the project controls team
- Active participation in the project risk process
- Management of the Project change control process and ownership of project change
- Registers to ensure all identified changes are analysed, quantified, communicated and Monitored
- Responsible for the provision of project cost reports and the project cost function
- Responsible for the provision of planning, scheduling and progress reports and the
- Project planning function
- Responsible for the provision of project estimates and the project estimating function
- Ensure Performance measuring is actively rolled out and implemented across all functions within the Project Controls Team.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of current procedures with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Management and development of the project controls team
- Ensure alignment with WGPSN Core Values
- Ensure compliance with WGPSN Corporate policies
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all contract specific requirements.
- Maintain resource portfolio in support of known and forecast project demands.
- Validate accuracy and completeness of assignment I project performance management progress.
- Ensure competency & quality and accuracy of project assignment reporting process.
- Audit participation in accordance with the contract & corporate audit plans.
- Demonstrate effective implementation of assigned actions.
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline preferred, and/ or suitable industry experience. Job-Specific Skills:
- Excellent understanding of Project Management principles and techniques.
- Excellent understanding of Project Controls principles and techniques.
- Previous experience in a managerial or supervisory position within contracts, project controls, procurement, and accounting preferred.
- Must be fully conversant with manual and computerised business control applications and processes
- Project experience should cover engineering and construction projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environment
- Role model understanding of Cost Control, Estimating, Change control, Risk analysis, Planning
- Meets all competency criteria.
COMPETENCIES, CORE VALUES, BEHAVIOURS:
- Leadership, people management and motivational skills
- Strategic thinker who can contribute to the management and improvement of the overall operation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Strong client focus and ability to build relationships and trust
- Contribute to the overall continuous improvement process
- Tearn player
- Proactive attitude.
- Succession plan in place/progressed and up to date including development plans and resource forecast plan in support of known and future project demands.
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
Method of Application
Please quote job reference IRC121355 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only - no email applications.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.