Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Job Number: 144414
The position will be responsible for managing all Visa interaction with key government officials and regulators in Nigeria and key West African markets to ensure the following:
• Visa is well positioned to take advantage of potential partnerships with national government agencies particularly in the areas of financial inclusion, electronification of payments, the delivery of social services, payment of taxes, and other potential government programs that may benefit from the application of electronic payments;
• The expansion of the industry in general, and Visa in particular, is not hindered by intrusive political or regulatory intervention;
• Visa’s profile and reputation are optimized through the delivery of coordinated communications and education targeted at key central bank officials, regulators, government officials, and other policy makers both directly and through appropriate surrogates; and
• Visa’s outreach and messaging in West Africa is consistent with similar efforts in other key markets around the world
• Develop and implement an effective Government Relations strategy for the area of responsibility
• Lead the development and building of stakeholder relationships with Government regulators, businesses and non-governmental organizations at all levels
• Ensure that Government Relations plans are aligned with Visa’s strategic business objectives
• Establish and maintain effective long term relations with Governments and other external stakeholders at the appropriate levels
• Monitor the regulatory and policy management environment in various African countries in order to make timely interventions to protect Visa’s commercial interests
• Identify opportunities and support business development programmes and initiatives
• Manage day to day Government Relations operations and represent Visa at relevant forums in various markets
• Ensure optimization of meeting targets and GR objectives by introducing best practice
• Build and maintain internal relationships and enhance an understanding of the function within
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and thecommon purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.