GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry - from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE Oil & Gas is currently recruiting to fill the position of:
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Job Number: 2010554
Business: GE Oil & Gas
For our Field Services organization in SSA region we are looking for a Service Manager to guide all field service activities and to lead the Field Service Engineers pool.
- Manage the local FSEs according to the local business requirements.
- Manage with and report to any EHS and Security issue to the local EHS and Security Managers.
- Make sure that all the rules and guidelines are properly respected.
- Establish outstanding level of quality in field execution taking the ownership of the site activities and implementing the procedure described in QMS for Operation Excellence.
- Lead the assignment of FSEs across the different P&Ls and legal entities present in the country or in other regions with the final goal to maximize the utilization and optimize the hourly costs of the local pool having continuous connection with the Assignment CoE in Florence headquarter.
- Assist in developing the field service strategy in the region (i.e.: number of resources, planning, training, hiring, logistic, etc.)
- Build Strong relation and process with Field Service ITO and OTR departments to have a continuous control of the workload (backlog & forecast) and highlight well in advance the needs in terms of personnel (internals and contractors) and of training.
- Assure, working with the local HR, the growth of the local pool.
- Manage the local logistic of expat FSEs (i.e.: pickup, transfer, guest house, visa application, etc.).
- Assure mobilization in compliance with local laws and immigration regulation.
- Assure an integrity culture and boost open reporting.
- Support the Sourcing department selecting local manpower and tools.
- Support the Project Manager for the execution of Installation and Service activities for On Call and Turn Key projects across all P&Ls.
- Mechanical or Electronic Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years' hands on experience in rotating equipment as Gas, Steam Turbines and Centrifugal, Reciprocating Compressors and Auxiliary and Control Systems.
- 8 years or more of experience in managing and developing teams.
- Strong EHS awareness
- Skilled in budget, resource planning and cost analysis.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong experience in installation and service of Oil & Gas rotating equipment, particularly:
- Heavy-Duty Gas Turbine installation and overhaul
- Heavy-Duty Gas Turbine modular exchange
- Aeroderivative Gas Turbine installation and overhaul
- Steam Turbines installation and overhaul
- Centrifugal Compressor installation and overhaul
- Reciprocating Compressor installation and overhaul
- Proven financial acumen.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Able to work at all levels of the organization and cross functionality.
- Availability to support emergencies over the regular working hours and flexibility to travel to site
- when needed.
- Fluent English.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Six Sigma - Green Black Belt certification.
- Technical and operation background.
- Technical Advisor, Shut Down Manager or Site Manager experience, Senior or Master Field Engineer Certification.
- Training experience
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale