Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Nutrition and Health Officer will play a key role in implementing the Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) funded by the UK Department for International Development, a joint project being implemented by Save the Children UK (SC) and Action Against Hunger (ACF). The Nutrition and Health Officer’s role will focus on the delivery of nutrition communication interventions.
Summary of Key Objectives:
• To assist in the development and implementation of an appropriate nutrition focused BCC and IYCF methodology
• Collaborate with health centres and other nutrition focused stakeholders in order to successfully carry out CDGP activities.
• Represent ACF externally in relevant local and state level forums and technical working groups
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
• Bachelor degree in health, nutrition, nursing or related field. Higher level degree preferred.
• Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
• Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
• Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
• Skills on statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
• Fluency in Hausa and English
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
• Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
• Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
• Familiarity with nutrition, healthcare and systems.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
• Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
• Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
• Previous experience with ACF
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Tuesday, 2nd December 2014 will not be considered.