Executive Vacancy in a Quarry via Human Capacity Development Consultants
Posted on: 25 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Human Capacity Development Consultants
Human Capacity Development Consultants ( HCDC ) is recruiting a General Manager-Quarry for a client.
- Select/develop location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating Quarry.
- Develop short and long term quarry development needs.
- Select locations and plan operations, specifying processes, labour usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally friendly quarry production.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of technicians, technologists, survey personnel, engineers, scientists and other quarry personnel.
- Evaluate data in order to develop new products, equipment, or processes.
- Manage and regulate the quarry’s budget
- Track daily production and equipment usage while ensuring the production capacity of equipment are optimized.
- Ensure equipment maintenance records are kept and scheduled maintenance activities and production are carried out accordingly
- Monitor mine production rates in order to assess operational effectiveness.
- Design, implement, and monitor the development of work sites, facilities, systems, and equipment.
- Design, develop, and implement computer applications for use in quarry operations.
Production and Performance Monitoring
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport quarry products efficiently and economically.
- Check that the quarry’s production levels are maintained safely to schedule.
- Provide management with information and statistics on the quarry’s performance.
- Implement and coordinate quarry safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices
- Ensure operators, repairers and engineers of the quarry follow all plant safety policies and track all departments to ensure that all policies are being followed
On Site Work Activities
- Closely monitor all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard
- Liaise with staff on site and deal with any technical or staffing challenges that arise
- Undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations;
- Examine the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained;
- Assess equipment condition and production materials levels
Qualification and Minimum Experience:
- B.sc/HND in Geology, Mining Engineering or other related field.
- 10-12 years of relevant work experience, 5 of which must be in a managerial role.
- Ability to move and change systems and processes within a growing business.
- Must be enthusiastic, goal driven and possess sound sales and marketing skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competency
- Previous drilling and blasting, crushing, conveying and capital projects experience
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, maintenance, mineral processing and budgeting preferred
- Computer and IT literate with a good understanding/working knowledge of the Word, Excel and Outlook programs and databases.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applying for as the subject of the e-mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)Similar Jobs
- Facility Managers at Alpha Mead Facilities
- Job Openings at Tentenconcepts
- Drivers at Design Genre
- Job Openings at 360 Degree Habitat Limited
- Driver To General Manager at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Julius Berger Recruitment for Project Managers
- Massive Recruitment at Eliezer Workplace Management Limited
- Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions)