Orlean Invest started operating in 1988 and celebrated its Silver jubilee in October 2013. Orlean Invest is Nigeria's largest free zone oil and gas logistics provider and provides her many clients with vital infrastructure and logistical support in a safe working environment.
Development through continuous investment has been the core driver of the company since its inception and now Orlean Invest is transferring the success it has at Onne to other projects across Nigeria such as Badagry Mega port, Eko Energy Estate in Lagos and Abuja Hills Estate to name but a few of the on-going developments.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Competencies and Key Requirements
• Career and competency management
• Performance management and development
• Training design and management- needs analysis and planning
• Broad knowledge of applications, databases and reporting systems
• Process management development
• Communication and presentation skills
• Contracts negotiation management
Desired Skills and Experience
1. The position requires the jobholder to ideally have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Training or other Business-related field. Senior L&D/OD practitioner with experience of coordinating a corporate learning and development agenda in a large, multi-site organization (Ideally, experience will also reflect provision of training in a MNC subsidiary and/or within a large industrial, manufacturing, FMCG or retail operating environment).
2. Progressive HR experience of 7 years or more and broad knowledge of learning and development preferably in an international context with professional qualification in Human Resources (CIPMN. CIPD).
3. In-depth specialist knowledge in all areas of training design and management (plan, budget, deliver and evaluate a large and varied corporate training and learning events) and experience of applying this knowledge in a very complex business environment.
4. Ability to communicate fluently and persuasively in the English language (in writing, over the phone, by e-mail, reports, meetings, presentations, facilitating focus groups and class-room based learning).
5. Ability to plan, prioritize and schedule multiple project plans and related activities, allocating people and other resources to make sure things happen and work is delivered on time and to budget.
6. Advanced skills in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint & Outlook. Use of other HR/L&D Information systems and databases and also LMS is highly desirable.
7. Knowledge and understanding of how new technologies are being used to develop and support corporate learning needs and the challenges/solutions involved in integrating them with traditional classroom based learning
Notes to candidates
Assessment: There will be some short practical assessments, as part of the selection process. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.