The role involves setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting & repairing reciprocating compressors, other process and industrial compressors and rotary equipment under the guidance of the Authorised Manager.
- Complete daily production and seal specifications logs as required by supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance on production line machinery.
- Requires the ability use of hand tools which may include various wrenches (manual, electric or air), torque wrenches etc.
- Responsibilities for maintaining safe workplace and comply with Flowserve applicable Safety, Health and Environment standards, policy, rules and procedures.
- Ensure proper housekeeping is done within the workstation and use tools and equipment safety.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and obey all safety requirements
- Handling of Compressor/ Rotary machines, dismantling, inspection/ taking dimensions of parts, prepare parts list, preparing the spares/ unit for assembly, hydro wash, sandblasting, reconditioning of components, hydro test, assembling with spares, trial run, preparation for dispatch etc. thru good engineering practices and quality procedures as per requirements.
- Working on-site, troubleshooting, maintenance, overhauling of compressors/ rotary machines, trial runs etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
Academic and/or Professional
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
At least 3-year experience working on manual lathe machining.
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid mechanical background in either valves, machinery, pumps, compressors or engines repair (good understanding of mechanical operations of machinery).
- Knowledge of measuring tools, ability to read and understand measurements
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment