WRS provides specialist recruitment and executive search services to the Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, Marine & Construction industries.
WRS was incorporated in 2008 by 6 experienced recruiters who believed there was “a better way” - the business now generates annual revenue in excess of £21M, is active in all seven continents accross the globe and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
Employing 55 consultants (bi-lingual skills in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian & Arabic) WRS is now perfectly positioned to service the increasing demands of a constantly expanding client portfolio.
WRS genuinely believe that the only way to really provide a service is to listen at the outset of a project or assignment. We know that time invested up-front pays off for both you and us. We recognise that without this understanding of both your technical and cultural needs the right applicant could not be sent to the right job.
At WRS we do not claim to have all the solutions. We will not promise to fill all your vacancies. We will not even claim to service all of your divisions BUT …What we will promise is the guarantee of a professional service and the provision of the highest calibre of candidates and a relationship based on mutual trust and understanding that will enable you to facilitate both a speedy and effective recruitment process
We are recruiting for the following positions:
The Drilling Engineer shall be a key member of the Drilling Team for preparing, planning and delivering wells in Assets. Special Duties Assist in the location, set up and maintain operational base if applicable to include Identify and organize well operations files in a project structure Support and work with subsurface team on well engineering aspects of field development plan (FDP) Prepare the well engineering aspects of well proposals and assess re-entry feasibility for existing wells Develop and maintain/ensure technical integrity of the drilling and completions programs Coordinate well planning and execution operations Prepare and maintain the wells basis of design for all operations (drilling, completion and well test) Organize peer reviews of the wells basis of design/programs (drilling, completions and testing) Prepare technical input and attend Technical Committee meetings with stakeholders and regulatory agencies. Have oversight and coordinate Wellsite operations as well as logistics, equipment, material and personnel support Coordinate the development of Well Engineering Polices and Standards, Procedures and Guidelines to deliver safe and efficient operations Maintain and close out remedial work plans following audits.
Maintain well programs in compliance with Policies and Standards. Confirm programs adequately highlight risks, and include suitable mitigation. Complete necessary exemptions in advance to leave adequate time for project, and Management review. Close out operating failure reports for unscheduled events that occur. Ensure corrective action is completed on time. Ensure Lessons Learnt register is complete and of high quality.
Develop and maintain drilling program processes, and ensure check sheets, are completed. Capture Lessons Learnt in all programs. Provide technical input to bids for services and equipment. Provide technical input to tender reviews as necessary. Challenge engineers to provide technical solutions to unscheduled events. Assist operations in the management of unscheduled events. Administration and training Prepare AFEs Maintain medium and long-term material requirement lists for all wells. Ensure End of Wells Reports are completed on time. Complete cost reconciliation the end of all wells. Provide cost estimation refinements to the Cost Controller. Develop and maintain Score Cards for services suppliers To direct Junior Well Engineers working on projects
Key Performance Indicators
Quality, comprehensiveness, timeliness and accuracy of data provided for analysis.
Levels of adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
Quality of rig support.
Level of understanding of the requirements and performance field studies such as field development planning, material balance, etc.
Quality of technical reports prepared.
Demonstration of ability to be a team player
Demonstration of supervisory and mentor-ship skills
Levels of participation in technical events such as training and conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
B.Sc. Degree in Engineering discipline.
5 - 10 years well engineering and operational experience.
Well Site Supervisory experience and operational knowledge.
Valid supervisor level well control certificate (Surface/Floating - combined).
In depth knowledge of horizontal, deviated drilling, mud engineering, casing design, completions design and well testing.
Our client major Oil and Gas operator are looking for a QA / QC Manager working out of Lagos, Nigeria on a residential basis to manage a Major FPSO project in the region.
Within the framework of FPSO Project:
• Determining and establishing the quality policy
• Planning, preparing, coordinating (with packages QA QC leads) the implementation and (continuous) reviewing the project QMS (Quality Management System) as per ISO 9001, Company rules, specifications and statutory requirements.
• Developing and maintaining the Project Quality Management System (QMS) including Quality Plan, Surveillance Plan and procedures to ensure that the project focuses on planning, control and improvement of activities
• Stimulating quality awareness and implications with all project employees and striving for continual improvement of the implemented QMS.
• Responsible for issuing the PQP(Project quality plan)and coordinating its implementation all over the project
• Coordinating, reporting and contributing to solve quality issues raised in regard surveillance activities, in liaison with relevant packages
• Responsible for issuing, updating, coordinating the training and the implementation of QA QC procedures all over the project.
• Review key Contractors, Sub-Contractor, Vendor and Supplier Inspection & Test Plans
• Defining and establishing Annual QA QC measurable objectives based on the project needs and activities at all levels (in coordination with packages QA QC leads) and following their implementation at all levels.
• Defining annual QA QC audit and assessment program in coordination with the packages QA QC leads and following their implementation at all levels .
• Performing internal and external audits, rising where necessary appropriate corrective action requests and follow up with effective re-audit and close out.
• Create, execute and lead quality and technical audits for the design, procurement, construction and commissioning processes
• Participating in Contractor, sub-contractor and supplier Quality Audits under the annual audit program
• Planning, conducting and reporting internal quality assessments in accordance with the agreed annual audit program
• Supporting packages to identify the contractual requirements gaps and advising the relevant Package General Managers.
• Managing QA QC services contracts (in and out country inspectors)
• Supporting packages to define required QA/QC resources needed during various phases of project progress
• Responsible to follow QA QC inspectors staffing plan as per Project procedure
• Establish a process for QA/QC resource identification and integrate this with current and predicted
• Issuance of Inspection policy, Inspection plans and procedure
• Organisation management (personnel, training, etc.)
• Preparing a budget for surveillance resources through all phases of the project and prepare a plan of when these resources shall be required to mobilised and demobilised. This activity will be planned in conjunction with corporate resources available in the locations required. Surveillance activities shall always be coordinated with the QAQC Packages Leader
• Attending QA & QC meetings with Contractor(s) and packages on a regular basis to discuss quality matters as necessary
• Attending key bid clarification meetings with Vendors and Sub-Contractors as necessary, to reinforce position in regard to quality
Responsible for monthly and annual QA QC reporting as per CR and PJC requirements
• Reporting promptly any quality related problems and intended resolutions that is identified and need to be resolved, including suggestions for resolution
• Managing NCRs with relevant departments and tracking trends as per procedure
• Monitor the resolution of any identified non-conforming activities, findings, concessions, deviations etc
• Developing, coordinating and following the QA QC Training plan as per procedure
• Prepare quality requirements for the Contracts - Invitation to Tender (ITT) and bids QA/QC evaluation
• Establish criteria for evaluating and selecting suppliers.
• Define controls to maintain system integrity during potential project organizational changes
• Monitor the application of all certification and classification control and links with the classification society
• Participating in Design Reviews of Design Packages if required
• Carry out appraisal of Contractor quality systems with the support of the Packages QAQC Leads
• Participating in the review of HAZOP reports if required
• Monitor qualitative reliability, hazard analysis as well as maintainability and operability analysis
• Review requisitions for Quality Requirements for construction, equipment and materials
• Assist in the review of critical Contractor enquiry and purchase requisitions and ensure contractual quality related requirements, codes, standards etc., have been adequately specified
• Co-ordinate all inspection and testing activities provided by the call off Service Contractor and verify inspector's and NDT technician's qualifications and check all inspection orders and reports for accuracy and depth of detail
• Monitor the acceptance of equipment & material that require typically API, ASME, code stamp requirements. This also applies to 3rd Party certification testing requirements for safety & lifting equipment, electrical hazardous areas.
• Ensure full collection of quality documents as Design Dossier, As built Dossier and Certificates.
• Monitor test certificates and review final as built documents
• To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
• To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
• To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
• To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
• When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification
• To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
• Participating to Management HSE tours
Context and environment
• Project main Office is in Lagos, support centers in Korea
• Construction activities partly in Nigeria and partly in Korea.
Contract and resources management; contractors selection, Technical Scope of Work, Supervision
• Reporting/Monitoring of inspection data
A degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent complemented with training in the domain of ISO 9001 / Internal Auditing.
• Theoretical and practical experience with implementation of Quality Plans, ITPs CARs & NCRs document control and a process approach to Quality Management.
• A Sound working knowledge of welding and NDT and ability to lead quality audits and assessments.
• Minimum 10 year's experience in Quality Management in the Oil & Gas or related industry out of which 5 years is spent in managerial position.
• Knowledge of RBI methodology (Risk Based Inspection); Knowledge of Unisup.
• Fluent English (written, read, spoken).
If you have any questions, or would like to apply please send your details to Wyn at WRS
Use links below to apply