Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
- Responsible for the on-time, cost-effective and right-quality delivery of business value through programs. Structure and manage the portfolio of change ensuring that it is balanced, healthy, value-focused and consistently steered to deliver the intended business impact.
- Manage delivery teams by maintaining oversight of the overall program execution, enforcing adherence to standards, acceptable risk judgement and a business value-driven approach to the deployment of resources across the portfolio. Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders within the delivery domain to ensure that desired business benefits are well articulated and that the portfolio deliverables are unambiguously mapped to such benefits. Ensure business impact of projects is measureable, well-managed, monitored and constantly refined to ensure that investments are optimally targeted and strategic intentions achieved. Promote a culture of execution excellence, risk-consciousness and a relentless focus on ROI/business value.
- Collaborate with IT strategy team and other demand management roles to ensure that program objectives, deliverables and timing are focused on business objectives based on impact & priority;
- Enhance the overall economic value of the portfolio in order to get the optimal return on investment.
- Collaborate with required Etisalat project sponsors/executives and teams for assessment of value delivered vis-a-vis project objectives. Implement framework for quantifying benefits for each initiative in line with business case and measurement of time to value. Ensure clear communication of expected business value and the timing of project objectives by project sponsor and clearly understood by project delivery organization.
- Support executive decision making on programs and projects based on company-specific criteria. These criteria may include: how does the initiative fit in the defined enterprise architecture, how do risks and interdependencies come into play, how the organization deals with compliance initiatives, etc.
- Portfolio Prioritization, Selection & Delivery:
- Manage IT program pipeline by working with IT Management in selecting, prioritizing and orchestrating programs to deliver benefits that ultimately contribute to business success
- Convert approved programs to detailed project deliverables and requirements, align same with program delivery organization objectives and prioritize based on business value, exigencies and risk
- Ensure that project delivery organizations are fit-for-purpose in terms of structure, ability to deliver to Etisalat's expectation, taking into account capacity, capabilities, and various dimensions of risk
- Influence & negotiate the allocation of resources from Etisalat stakeholders to deliver program objectives and contribute to overall business success. Consistently ensure that the environment incentivize the project delivery teams to deliver value in a timely manner
- Portfolio Governance
- Plan and coordinate all IT Program Board meetings for effective tracking and review of project progress against agreed plans
- Prepare and publish periodic program portfolio health dashboard / project reports to relevant stakeholders and provide insights into potential issues & risks with appropriate recommendations
- Deploy exception management processes for failing or high risk projects
- Work with IT Program board to resolve conflicting priorities and ensure that business value is foremost by focusing decisions and actions on the things that matter most to the organization
- Ensure follow through and closure of agreed actions and decisions taken by the IT Program Board
- Ensure all projects comply with required documentation and other standards, policies and procedures
- Stakeholder & Communication Management
- Manage commitments across stakeholders and ensure clear understanding of requirements and consistent communication across all parties
- Influence both Etisalat and vendor stakeholders and create positive relationships through the appropriate channels to manage expectations and agreed objectives. Engender and sustain cross-functional alignment
- Responsible for timely escalation of potential risks and issues and renegotiation of commitments between project sponsors and delivery teams
- Management of Portfolio Risks
- Evaluate portfolio performance and interdependencies periodically in a bid to determine and quantify the probability and impact of risks within projects and across the overall portfolio
- Advise Management/ stakeholders on matters of risk & issues that are projects related and recommend actions to mitigate such
- Manage Program Quality by collaborating with IT Risk Management & other QA teams in defining and documenting standards, processes and procedures to guide and assure the quality delivery of projects and programs
- Maintain Portfolio Knowledge Base
- Ensure that the knowledge base for all project implementations, including lessons learnt, are maintained and properly indexed/catalogued for audit and reference purposes
- Provide adequate feedback mechanisms on process improvement initiatives to ORM, which is an outcome of project oversight responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, IT Demand Management & Planning.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Possession of an advanced degree, preferably an MBA, will be an advantage
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- 9 to 12 years of combined work experience in IT/Engineering with up to 8 years in Portfolio Management or related activities (i.e. project / program management);
- At least 3 years experience in a managerial role.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project and/or equivalent tools;
- Experience with program/ multi-project management; governance and decision-making; business case development; budget and resource management; initiative portfolio management
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives, functional leadership, BRMs, business sponsors, and team members;
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, outsourcing, program management and the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad based operational perspective and provides solutions for all forms of business risk;
- Recognized program management authority with good risk management awareness who can negotiate trade-offs and is dynamic, proactive and decisive. Adapts well to and initiates change in the organization;
- Highly developed business communications skill (verbal and written), team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent project management skills and the ability to drive performance, risk consciousness and compliance from all areas within the company;
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under pressure;
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
go to method of application »
Ensure that IT solutions and related services are effectively applied, by taking full ownership of IT demand matters from the business filter, prioritize and plan fulfilment whilst providing visibility to the Management team.
- Understand and document the desired outcome of a service, and decide if the customer's need can be fulfilled using an existing service offering or if a new or changed service must be created.
- Understand and document the desired outcome of a service, and to decide if the customer's need can be fulfilled using an existing service offering or if a new or changed service must be created.
- Manage workload and assignments of a team of demand Specialists.
- Initiate and execute intra departmental communication and improvement activities to ensure maximum alignment of the IT with business priorities and facilitate demand capturing.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Capture new demand and ensure structured and high quality of demand's scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
- Liaise with the business units to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison / relationship management interactions.
- Develop KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop, define and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes especially with upcoming business initiatives, and the current demand in terms of Change execution performance and capacity requirement challenges.
- Understand pattern of business activities and the underlying drivers & recommend appropriate actions in order to keep IT budget & costs within approved limits while meeting Business requirements on time, minimizing delivery risks and quality.
- Support continuous service improvement by -championing the prioritization and resolution of all customer demand requirement.
- Ensure SLAs are agreed with internal customers and ensure alignment with the SLAs agreed with delivery partners
- Manage the risks related to delivery capacity and capability of current and forecasted demand
- Assist in developing solid forecasts that guarantees the continuance of business activities.
- Customer liaison/advocacy - Understand the customers' expectations based on their strategic objectives while delineating expectations that are driven out of individual behaviour and institutionalizing customer-centric improvement mechanism for business benefits.
- Manage the demand pipeline and liaise the business functions to capture, structure, prioritize, align and plan fulfillment of accepted business demand whilst matching this demand with the IT delivery capacity.
- Attend relevant Business and decision making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements
- Plan, carry out and evaluate regular customer satisfaction surveys.
- Record customer complaints and compliments, to assess the complaints and to instigate corrective action if required.
- Continuously monitor the processing status of outstanding customer complaints and take corrective action if required.
- Organize periodic Internal Customer Forum (ICF) with Business Units/Areas to review performance, understand expectations and negotiate priorities.
- First degree from a recognised University
- Relevant IT Certifications (ISEB BA, CBAP, ITIL, PMI etc.) is an added advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) years at supervisory position.
- Effective business relationship management skills
- Understanding of IT Governance and Demand and Supply managementKnowledge of ITIL Service Strategy, Design and Operation
- Effective communication and change management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.