Citibank delivers a wide array of banking, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. Our U.S. Branch Network is comprised of over 1000 branches across 13 states complemented by 24-7 access to customer service through a network of fee-free ATMs, CitiPhone Banking®, Citibank Online and Citi Mobile. Citibank's products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including basic banking (checking and savings accounts, investment products), mortgages, small business, commercial banking, investment advisory services, and financial needs and analysis tools to enable Citibank to bring tailored solutions to every client.
To develop, manage and co-ordinate the operations and technology function under the direct supervision of the Divisional Operations and Technology (O&T) Head for Sub Sahara Africa Division and the CCO for Nigeria. To implement the O&T Strategy, short term plans and objectives in line with the overall business plans by the function chain and the Nigeria business. To provide leadership oversight for the O&T Function in Nigeria. To promote and be the role model for the O&T Principles. To develop Talent for Nigeria business and those who can take roles outside country.
- Develop and manage short-range Operations strategies and assist in developing and managing long-range operations business strategies.
- Manage and achieve Process, Systems, Customer service and related objectives in line with policies to meet the needs of the business and customers.
- Implement an effective O&T financial planning and control.
- Manage human, processing and systems resources to maximize quality and quantity of service while reducing cost.
- Manage the short and long term career and development of all O&T staff.
- Maintain effective partnership levels with all the function heads.
- Establish, maintain and enhance communications with the all the business areas to ensure the achievement of business objectives in general.
- Manage the development of key systems and related staffing plans to evolve a technologically advanced organization.
- Recommend operations process to support new business initiatives and co-ordinate the implementation with compliance and technology.
- Ensure enhancement and maintenance of internal controls to reduce/control risks and to improve standards.
- Make quality service delivery an integral part of the culture.
- Plan and manage bank premises to provide conductive work environment for staff and service environment for our customers.
- People management- complex organisation, direct and matrix management
- Product and process knowledge in TTS,SFS Products, FICC products
- Service management
- Corporate finance
- Outsource Management
- Regulatory Management and Client services
- Member of Country Management Committee (MANCOM), Branch Risk & Compliance Committee (BRCC), Country Senior Personnel Policy (SHRC), Procurement Committee and Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO).
- Contacts with the Division Office in South Africa, Various contacts with EMEA O&T seniors, Internal Audit in Country.
- Regular contact with the Central Bank, Auditors and contact with the tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Contact with customers to discuss and resolve operations issues. Partner with Product and Coverage to provide solutions to customers.
- Bachelor of Science degree (BSc Hons) or equivalent in Business or Quantitative Studies.
- Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ACIB
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Operations (Domestic & International) management with at least 5 years at senior management level covering:
- Experience in Banking Operations: Treasury Operations, SFS Operations, Trade Processing, Loan Operations, Account and System Maintenance, Records Management and COB, Cash Management Operations, Control and Compliance, Experience in managing multiple Operations & Technology Products, Technology Management Skills, Project Management, Process Management, Outsource Governance Management and Customer Services.
Good communication skills (oral & written), People Management skills, Conflict and Priority Management, Strategic Thinking, Problem solving Competencies, & Career development amongst others
go to method of application »
- This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
- This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of Regulatory Compliance, KYC, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Sanction Screening audit coverage in accordance with established IA methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other regulatory compliance audits.
- The position will be based in Johannesburg and will provide IA’s Compliance and KAMLS CoE team with local resources in Africa region to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the EMEA and global IA strategies and the Consumer and Institutional Clients business objectives.
- The candidate should have functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance and AML programs that have been established to comply with the local and U.S. regulatory requirements, Citi policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the relevant regulators as related to prohibited activites, money laundering and financing of terrorism, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activites and operations.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
• As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Performs moderately complex audits related to Compliance and KYC, AML and Sanctions in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of the Financial Service Industry, especially those associated with the Compliance, KYC, AML and Sanctions space.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
• Knowledge of financial services KYC, AML and Sanctions regulations, standards, and standard business internal policies as they apply to a large global financial institution.
• Greater than 7 years of experience in areas related to banking regulations, Compliance / AML programs, local standards, and internal policies
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.