Medical Job Offer at The International Committee of the Red Cross (lCRC)
Posted on: 20 November, 2014
Deadline: 4 December, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (lCRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organisation.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRG) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
- ? Initial assessment of the overall functioning of the pre and postoperative wards and ICU (if present) and ER in the hospitals visited by the team, followed by a written plan of action, weekly implementation schedule and evaluation report with recommendations.
- ? Supervise, assist and train the nurses and auxiliary staff in ICU, ER and the wards in developing skills to improve the quality of their nursing care according to ICRC protocols and guidelines for weapon wounded.
- ? Be available to go to the field throughout Nigeria as part of the Mobile Surgical team for the surgical management of mass casualties.
- ? Be flexible and perform tasks not covered in the job description as well as provide support to other departments as needed
- ? Work in close co-operation with local charge nurses and ward nurses and support the national ward nurse(s) in initiating improvements within their department
- ? Be an active member of the surgical team acting in the role to ward nurses or in other fields if required
- ? In collaboration with the local counterparts, develop and implement a teaching and training program for the nurses in the hospitals visited
- ? Ensure accurate reporting and statistics of the ward activities in close collaboration with the local counterparts.
- ? Ensure correct ordering, donating and use of supplies and equipment in the clinical area(s) of responsibility.
- ? In the event of an emergency deployment of the mobile surgical team, prepare all necessary materials to allow for proper pre-and postoperative management of casualties in dose collaboration with local counterparts.
- ? Actively participate in the development of mass casualty contingency plans within the hospitals the ICRC team are working. Coach the nursing counterparts in the organisation and execution of mass casualty exercises in the emergency dept and wards
- ? Registered experienced Nurse with previous clinical bedside teaching experience.
- ? Up to date knowledge and skills in surgical nursing procedures and general nursing skills
- ? Previous working experience with an International Medical NGO will be an asset
- ? Management experience in acute surgical care units (ER,OT,ICU)
- ? Capacity to support Nurses in charge on all nursing aspects
- ? Capacity to work as integral part of the Mobile Surgical Team if deployed throughout Nigeria
- ? Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work within a team
- ? Computer literate (word, Excel)
Method of Application
Please submit your application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma) to the
No 31 Pope John Paul Street,
Please clearly indicate "Ward Nurse" on the envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving the applications is 04.12.2014
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Humanitarian Nutrition Adviser at Save the Children Nigeria
- Business Development Advisor at Plan International
- Procurement/Logistics Officer at Helen Keller International
- Helper (Cook) at the the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Job Vacancies at Neem Foundation
- Executive Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Opportunities at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Programme Officer (Francophone) at Centre For Democracy & Development (CDD)