At Terragon Group we pride ourselves as a new media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
Business strategy, Financial Policies and Processes
• Develop financial framework that ensures delivery of company targets and objectives
• Establish control policies and procedures for all areas of risk and revenue loss
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
• Preparation of monthly Operating performance record in reference to annual business plan.
• Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of up-to-date technology
• Develop and execute analysis of various business structure and initiatives
Budgeting, Management and Financial Reporting
• Communication of annual business objectives to departmental heads for their budget input;
• Receipt & checking of budget estimates as supplied by departmental heads for correctness & accuracy;
• Provision of historical financial information to departmental managers to help them in their operating plan forecasting;
• Suggestion of possible revisions when the need arises;
• Discussion of budget difficulties with line managers;
• Coordination of all budget activities.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets and operating performance and preparing periodic variance reports
• Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses and to provide advice as occasions demand;
• Prepare monthly closing reports providing profits and loss statements
• Create monitoring mechanism to ensure adherence of business units to budgetary allocation.
• Negotiate/arranges external finance, when necessary.
• Ensure good working relationship with financial institutions and negotiate for finance that best suits operations
• Responsible for the management of working capital;
• Investment of excess funds on short-term basis;
• Oversee cash management and provide support for collection/receivables activities.
• Ensure compliance to all Tax laws and see that Terragon is adequately covered with government agency risks.
• Application of effective tax planning strategy to ensure stakeholders’ balance position.
• Adherence to applicable accounting standards
• Ensure compliance with the established accounting systems, procedures and standards
• Represent the company during statutory audit
• Coaching of subordinates on the new job roles
• Providing explanation on all financial policies to all employees when necessary
• Recommend subordinates for appropriate trainings as occasions demand
• Provide support to subordinates on General book keeping and compliance to accounting principles.
• Appraise, evaluate and record inventory items, real property and equipment, recording information such as the property’s description, value, and location.
• Ensure security of all company fixed and non fixed assets.
Knowledge ,Skills and Behaviour required to succeed in Role
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
• A good bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• A professional qualification of ACA, ACCA or CFA
• Other professional certification such as ACTI will be an added advantage
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years
• Minimum of 6 years in Accounts & Finance functions
• Proficiency in accounting software such as Sage Pastel Evolution
• Good understanding of the IT and Communication industry
• Overall understanding of the Nigerian financial industry and regulations.
Attitude and Behavioural Traits
• Strong financial analytical skills
• Ability to make deductions from forecast, projections and business statements
• Good working knowledge of cost accounting principles
• Service orientation
Interested candidates can send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org