Fresh Job Opportunity At CA Global Africa
Posted on: 19 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CA Global
The Corporate Banking division provides global transactional banking products and services to large corporate clients. The role is primarily responsible for overall management & business development of the Trade and Working Capital products in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Intimate involvement in the formulation & execution of Trade & Working Capital regional strategy (Nigeria & Ghana)
- Establishing new and maintaining existing client relationships to ensure profitable trade & working capital flows in the Trade & Working Capital
- Identify companies with trade & working capital requirements & structure relevant solutions to support their working capital needs.
- Responsible for transactions through Origination, Assessment and Approval stages up to implementation of transactions.
- Initial risk assessment and decision making on originated transactions. Input in and preparation of credit applications, ensuring correct pricing, capital efficiency, applicability of internal processes and procedures and ensuring solutions which address customer requirements within the product framework.
- Product development and implementation of innovative funding solutions across Trade & Working capital with an additional focus on structured commodity finance solutions combining various product sets i.e. commodity finance, derivative hedging, traditional trade (lc ‘s etc )
- Structure credit facilities for financial institutions
- Pricing of trade & working capital transactions in accordance to a formalized Credit Rating Methodology.
- Identifying transaction specific risks including credit, taxation, accounting and legal.
- Converting new leads into deals closed, from origination, assessment, structuring, credit approval, implementation and on-going monitoring.
- Manage the credit approval process in its entirety.
- Assist the Legal Risk Team with the drafting and review of complex multiple jurisdictional facility and security documentation.
- Build on the existing internal relationships with the Credit Risk, Market Risk, Legal and Compliance functions and Middle and Back office areas.
- Identify cross selling opportunities between Trade & Working Capital, Global Markets and other Divisions within the Bank/Group.
- Responsible for training, up skilling and transfer of knowledge, including product, credit and institutional knowledge to the in-country sales and relationship management teams.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in a financial or technical discipline (science), supplemented by business or financial related post graduate studies (CFA, MBA, CA).
- Three to five years trade & working capital and Africa experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Nigerian national (not negotiable)
- Ability to assess commercial viability of clients’ business models and identify possible lending/financing opportunities.
- Ability to originate, structure working capital transactions.
- Ability to analyze financial statements, identify credit, business and financial risks from a credit perspective.
- Passion for African markets and banking within Africa
- A strong understanding of corporate credit ratings, portfolio theory and credit pricing will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong due diligence skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills (reports are presented to various FirstRand Bank International Credit Committees).
- Computer literacy: proficiency in spread sheet, database and word processing software
Method of Application
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CA GlobalSimilar Jobs
- Teller Service Representatives (TSR) at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Workforce Group
- Estate Managers at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Graduate Trainee Accountant at ATACOFF Services LLP
- Job Openings at City Core Cooperative Investment & Credit Society Limited
- Head, Call Center at a Regional Nigerian Bank - Synergy HR Solutions Limited
- Operations Officers at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- Loan Officer at Lubeck Capital
- Standard Chartered Bank Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (3 Positions)