Adexen is mandated by an international manufacturing company to recruit a National Sales Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client is an international manufacturing company.
The position is based in Nigeria
The National Sales Manager responsibilities will be:
• Develop and coordinate the implementation of sales strategies, policies and programs to enhance market presence and competitive performance of products.
• Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
• Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
• Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning.
• Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales and clinical education staff.
• Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
• Prepare annual sales plans and growth targets for the company Products.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
• Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
• Negotiate purchase agreements with the assistance of Finance Managers.
• Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Factory and Logistics, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
• Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
• Partner with the marketing organization to develop business plans for new brands and categories of products.
• Initiate, evaluate and improve return on investment (ROI) for the trade spending
• Review sales results monthly and initiate appropriate action steps to deliver the targets
• Negotiate new Sales and Purchase Agreements (SPAs) for products and amendments to existing SPAs.
• Manage relationship with distributors and customers in an efficient and Professional manner.
• Coordinate sales channel development activity and distribution by establishing territories, Areas, targets and goals.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationship with national Distribution networks.
• Liaise with warehouse, logistics and factory heads to ensure that Sales orders are promptly serviced
• Prepare consolidated sales performance reports to executive Management for decision making
• Manage and develop the sales team and coordinate people Management function including performance planning, development, hiring and coaching initiatives for the team.
• Bachelor degree (preferably with an MBA) level ideally in a business related subject.
• Minimum 7 years experience in sales preferably within an FMCG environment
• Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
• Experience of managing and leading sales teams
• Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
• Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including CEO, GMD, GM, FC.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
To apply for this position, click here