Adexen is mandated by an Indigenous manufacturing company to recruit a Business Development Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client is an Indigenous manufacturing company.
The position is based in Nigeria
• Develops and coordinates the implementation of export sales strategies, policies and programs to enhance export market presence and competitive performance of products.
• Manages New Product Development within the company for Derivative Brands.
• Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
• Be the lead driver for New Product Development utilizing Cross Functional teams to ensure products meet time line, quality, financials parameters and are accepted by our consumer.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately with export customers.
• Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of team members.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new products or services, and distribution channels.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
• Submit weekly and monthly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
• Provide supervision through observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
• Prepare annual sales plans and growth targets for the export markets and derivative brands.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
• Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual export and brand sales forecasts.
• Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Factory and Logistics, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
• Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust export sales strategies or in country derivative brand strategies.
• Partner with the marketing organization to develop business plans for new brands and categories of products.
• Review sales results monthly and initiate appropriate action steps to deliver the targets
• Manages relationship with export customers in an efficient and Professional manner.
• Establish and maintains excellent relationship with national Distribution networks.
• Liaises with warehouse, logistics and factory heads to ensure that Sales orders are promptly serviced
• Prepare consolidated sales performance reports to executive Management for decision making
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, marketing or allied services from an accredited institution. (MBA an advantage).
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in sales, marketing preferably within an FMCG environment
• Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
• Experience of managing and leading sales, marketing teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team.
• Customer Focused
• Appling modern influencing techniques for sales and marketing strategies.
• Deals effectively with potential customers.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
• Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage self to meet objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this position, click here