Jobs at Ministry of Environment and public Utilities, Edo State
Posted on: 25 October, 2011
Deadline: 8 November, 2011
View Jobs in General
View Jobs posted same day
In line with the vision of the current administration to usher in an efficient and sustainable environmental sanitation and waste management system, the Ministry of Environment and Public Utilities of Edo State hereby seek to appoint suitable candidates to fill the following positions in Edo State Environmental and Waste Management Board EWMB.
SECRETARY (REF: SE-EWMB)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BSc/HND or its equivalent in the sciences or social sciences.
• An MBA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, Three (3) of which must have been at managerial level
• Provide appropriate information to all stake holders.
• Develop and implement communication strategies to reach out to various stakeholder
• Document and manage the Administrative and secretariat functions of the Board
• Develop and manage internal communications of the board.
• Ensure compliance with all legal requirements governing the operations of the board .
• Direct and manage the activities of various functional units such as finance accounts, human resources.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the polices and procedures
GENERAL MANAGER (GM-EWMB)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BSc/HND or equivalent qualification in the Sciences and an MBA
• A minimum of 10 years working experience with a minimum of 5 years at managerial level
• Good Knowledge of operations, procedures and systems
• Must be Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package.
• Good and proven experience in managing a team on a territorial basis.
• Excellent presentation, organization, management, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Must be proactive, Innovative and creative with a visible taste for success.
• Must be conversant with best global practice and current trend in Environmental Sanitation and Waste Management
Reporting to the Commissioner for Environment & Public Utilities, the successful candidate will oversee responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Board. He/she strategic leadership and direction towards the realization of the objectives goals as well as promote the boards public image.
• Champion the development and implementation of overall strategic thrust/goals, policies, and plans procedures for the Board.
• Develop and manage relationships with various stakeholders including government departments.
• Develop performance targets, milestones, for various departments in line with the Boards, mandate.
• Manage and implement the Boards budget to ensure that necessary financial resources are made available and that expenditure is kept within budget limits.
• Develop, review and analyze reports to track results; formulate strategies for improvement based on available data.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply please quote the appropriate reference as subject of your email
and send current CV(prepared as MS document, font ariel 14 including the
names and contacts details, including telephone and email of three
referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and
abilities) to email@example.com within 2 weeks of this publication
It is to be noted that each position is for tenure of three years with a
possibility of re-appointment for another term Subject to satisfactory
All applications will be treated in confidence. only short-listed candidates will be contacted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Cashier at Bet9ja
- Real Estate, Telecommunication, and Oil & Gas Professionals at a Leading Multinational Company
- Accounts Clerks at Heirs Holdings Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Group Of Companies
- Job Openings at a Foremost Business Membership Organisation
- Job Vacancies at an Expanding Group of Companies
- MYJOBMAG MUST READ SERIES: GET THE JOB - USE OF ENGLISH