Crane Shift-In-Charge at APM Terminals
Posted on: 15 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Crane Manager;
- Recommend improvements and modifications needed to improve mobile equipment reliability and availability.
- Develops for continued improvement of their individual performance.
- Makes all Crane staff understand the policies and carry out procedures regarding discipline, work rules, safety, health and environment. Proper records are initiated for workforce control and Human Resources procedures are properly followed.
- Reviews Accidents Reports with Supervisors and Foremen so that unsafe conditions and procedures can be avoided.
- Performs Safety Interactions, and completes required forms.
- Makes frequent personal surveys within Crane members to assure that proper work methods and administrative controls are being enforced.
- Assures that good housekeeping and safety practices are maintained by the Workshop crews at work sites and in the Workshop. That Workshop crews clear up after themselves when job is completed (5S).
- Detects and corrects overall work problems that interfere with the smooth completion of jobs.
- Assures that Operations receive a high quality response for their maintenance and repair problems.
- Encourages Crane Supervisors and Foremen to contact each other and their superiors for advice in resolving difficult technical problems.
- Provides a source of managerial guidance for the Supervisors and Foremen in terms of supervisory skills and management techniques.
- Assures Crane Supervisors and Foremen review and analyse Work Orders to assure that economical results are achieved from the work.
- Ensures that Daily Work Schedules are completed on time each day.
- Communicates with maintenance Planner at least twice a day to ensure correct data on equipment status, job progress and job planning requirements and scheduling issues.
- Ensures that work feedback is documented on Work Orders.
- Reviews APMTAL KPIs and ensures that progress is being made to achieve the desired goals.
- Ensures that maintenance information is easily retrieved and accessible when needed.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of the equipment failures, makes corrective recommendations and ensures that economic benefits are achieved.
- Assures that Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Programs are functional and reduce overall cost of Maintenance.
- Resolves coordination problems between Maintenance Planning, Work Execution and Operations.
- Assures that employee training and development programs provide a positive benefit to the Engineering Organization.
- Reviews work in progress and sees that Crane staff is minimizing delays.
- Recommends, as may be necessary, promotion, demotion, transfer and discharge of maintenance personnel.
- Aids the Store Manager to minimize overall stock value of spare parts and materials by recommending optimum spare parts and material level.
- Attends daily meeting with Crane Manager Supervisors and Foremen.
- Directs long-range work load.
- Recommends to Crane Manager ways to improve Planning and Scheduling process, Reliability and Preventive Maintenance Programs, cost saving opportunities.
- Analyses equipment maintenance strategies, frequencies and recommends to Maintenance Planner where changes need to be made.
- Manages Crane personnel with regard to vacations scheduling, rotation for development, training.
- Participates in Budget Planning, IFS and CMMS.
- Reviews Work Backlog reports and projections to ensure the best balance and use of available resources.
- Reviews completed Work Orders cost data and recommends ways to decrease costs.
- Makes certain information submitted by Supervisors and Foremen (Work Orders, Downtime Sheets etc) is correct and accurate.
- Submits to Crane Manager Reports with trends of Maintenance Costs, personnel performance reports, manpower utilization, workspace utilization etc.
That Crane Shift-in-Charge Manager promotes:
- High quality results within specified time.
- Opportunities are exploited for the economical application of labour saving tools, techniques, and equipment for maintenance work.
- Safety program is established and administered, that stresses safety awareness to curtail accidents and injuries.
- Workshop personnel meet its annual safety objectives, and that safe practices and procedures are followed at all times.
- Crane Supervisors and Foremen and their subordinates are properly trained and that their work effort is directed towards the most economical execution of maintenance work.
- Continual surveillance of all maintenance work activities and that submitted time and information data are accurate.
- Continuous and sustained effort to improve the operation of the Workshop and the work rendered by the Workshop personnel to the plant equipment and mobile equipment.
- Housekeeping policies are established and practiced by the work execution forces.
- Close liaison between the Crane Team and Operations.
- Records, reports, and charts are kept up-to-date and are used to improve the maintenance support services.
- Total workload is known so that positive action can be taken to control maintenance costs.
- Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Programs make significant contribution to the reduction of maintenance costs.
- Maintenance customers are satisfied with the timing and resources deployment when they request work to be done.
- Performance feedback data is used to strengthen the achievements of the Crane Team.
- Quality appraisals of Supervisors to ensure Company expectations are met and that the required follow-up actions are taken.
- Daily Safety Toolbox Talks with his subordinates and properly record them.
- Has a valid Driving Licence.
- Drive terminal trucks using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
- Performs any other related activities, as requested.
Who we are looking for
- High school or University Bachelor/ diploma and additional vocational / technical education Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic and/or Electrical engineering.
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical management fields is preferred
- Additional training in managing people and processes is preferred
- Code of practice
- 3-7 years experience as Foremen / Supervisor / Manager in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
Knowledge / Skills:
- Self motivated
- Analytical and systematic
- Requires the ability to Manage instructions, plan the work day and manage people
- Requires knowledge of wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipments.
- Must be able to conduct troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction and supervision for solutions.
- Manage the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Manage implementation of 5S, IFS and CMMS.
- Requires the ability to learn fast
- PC Literate
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at a Leading Logistics Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Job Opening at a Logistics Company - U Connect Human Resources Ltd
- Job Vacancies at a Shipping and Logistics Company - Virtuoso
- Transport and Logistics Manager at MoveMe.Com.Ng
- Commercial Manager (Expatriate) at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
- Accountant at CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited