- Position title: Chief Strategy Officer
- Grade: PL-3
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/14/061
- Publication date: 14/11/2014
- Closing date: 05/12/2014
The Primary role of the Strategy Department (COSP) is to contribute to policy and strategy development, including annual plans and the Medium and Long-Term strategies of the Bank. COSP advices the President and Senior Management on strategy and policy issues of the Bank. COSP assists with the communication of the strategy to all stakeholders, and monitors and facilitates the implementation of related Presidential decisions.
Under the general supervision of the COSP Director, the main responsibility of the Chief Strategy Officer is to provide strategic advice and support on COSP matters to the Director and the rest of the Department team. in planning, organizing and coordinating the activities of the Department. He/She will:
- Participate as part of the core COSP team in corporate strategy development and its subsequent monitoring, reporting, updating and refinement in line with sustainable lending and resource options.
- Coordinate the preparation of major COSP strategy reports such as the Annual Strategy Review, for Senior Management, including preparation of the mid-term review and periodical and special updates and reports. Contribute to/coordinate the preparation of Board documents on selected process enhancement recommendations.
- Provide support to Senior Management in the formulation of strategic policy objectives, and ensure their alignment with the strategic planning orientations and the Bank Strategy 2013-2022.
- As part of the core COSP team, ensure that all new policy proposals and initiatives, across the Institution, are aligned with the Bank’s planning directions and strategy.
- As part of the core COSP team, participate in and coordinate the Bank’s Strategy and policy development work, as and when required.
- Provide support to the office of the President as required, in particular on recent policy developments, and on the Bank’s response to emerging international issues.
- Prepare as requested planning and strategy documents.
- As part of the COSP core team, assist Operations Vice-Presidencies, Research, Finance and Corporate Management Vice Presidencies to formulate their work programs and specific strategies driven by the planning and strategy.
- Provide, as requested, up to date research on environment and business trends and keep up to date on new ways of doing strategic planning itself.
- Participate (on behalf of the COSP Department) in the preparation of selected Bank’s country and regional strategies and mid-term reviews.
- Represent the department as requested at key policy decisions and institutional reforms meetings and initiatives.
- Represent the COSP department as requested at selected key strategy meetings and on important missions. Serve as a focal point and spokesperson, as requested, on strategy issues to internal and external constituencies and expert strategy groups.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in economics, macroeconomics or development economics, finance, strategic management, engineering or related development fields and a broad knowledge in development issues.
- Preferably a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience; proven combination of hands-on operational experience with solid analytical skills; good understanding of development economics and specificities of Regional Members countries (RMCs); previous exposure to international, multicultural contexts would be an asset.
- Proven exposure to the Bank’s operations and mission with a good understanding of the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Ability to provide advice, assistance, and coaching on Strategy related matters.
- Good leadership skills, and lateral thinking; high sense of professionalism. Good command of budgetary and operational management matters.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines. Capability to work within specified time limits. Capacity to diagnose and resolve multiple, concurrent problems.
- High level skills in communication and negotiation as well as ability to build partnerships with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interest of clients within and outside the Bank.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of ERP Systems (preferably SAP) and standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), and good knowledge of operational management systems.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.