GE Oil & Gas
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
Posted Position Title:
GE Early Career Development Program- Finance, Nigeria
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:
The Early Career Development Program is a 12- month program designed to develop entry-level talent for GE businesses across Africa. The program purpose is to build expertise and leadership skills in specific areas of finance. The program includes classroom and online training. Candidates will undertake challenging assignments and benefit of exposure to GE senior leaders.
As a key pipeline for future GE talent, the candidate will be required to provide support to the business in area such as financial planning, accounting services, operation analysis, controllership, forecasting, treasury, and commercial finance. As a controllership support, some of the task a candidate will be required to perform include account reconciliation, Statutory & GAP reporting, supporting the inventory management & Reconciliation; balance sheet variance analysis and simplification processes. in Financial planning and analysis, a candidate will be required to Collate relevant documentation required for revenue recognition; Prepare monthly/quarterly account reconciliation and ensure timely closure of open items. In accounting services a candidate may be required to perform tasks in order to allow the local ME (Management Entity) produce interim and annual accurate Financial Statements, in this case the candidate will be needed to organize filings in accurate and sequenced manner to allow auditors and tax authorities to inspect the accounts.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting sciences or related field;
GPA greater than or equal
NYSC Certificate or Exemption in hand prior to application
Less than 2 years working experience post NYSC
Authorized to work in one's country full time without restrictions
Must have advanced to fluent level of English;
Ability to work in fast paced changing environment,
Demonstrated team player;
Confident self starter who has demonstrated drive;
Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to meet deadlines
Must be open to relocating to where the role is based
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail ensuring timely follow-up and closure.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening.
- Able to take on ad-hoc assignments and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle business sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity.
- Good organizational and efficiency skills;
- Experience working within a very busy environment where deadlines are clearly defined and must be met.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
To apply for this position, click here