Vacancy at CEDPA Nigeria
Posted on: 14 November, 2014
Deadline: 28 November, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
CEDPA Nigeria is currently transitioning to become a country office of Plan International. Plan works in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan's stated Global Strategic Goal (2011-15) is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values. Plan has a global income of around $800m.
Plan-CEDPA Nigeria has an immediate need for a Senior Gender Technical Advisor which will be based in Sokoto Nigeria.
- The Senior Technical Advisor for Gender will function as a member of a team implementing a USAID-funded local governance and civil society program in Nigeria.
- The Leadership, Empowerment, Advocacy and Development (LEAD) program is a six-year program that builds partnerships between civil society, state and local governments and the private sector to improve state and local governance capacity in Bauchi, Sokoto and River states, and builds the capacity of local governments to be more responsive to community needs.
- The LEAD Senior Technical Advisor for Gender will be responsible for ensuring that gender and social inclusion considerations are integrated throughout the LEAD project.
Activities are likely to include:
- Working closely with the Senior Technical Managers to identify opportunities to advance gender Integration and social inclusion within all aspects of the project and work with relevant team members to ensure that concept notes and activities reflect state-of-the-art practices in gender and social inclusion.
- Identity key activities for the project to undertake to advance women's participation in service delivery decision making or building the skills and competencies of LGA officials to conduct their work in a more gender sensitive and socially inclusive way.
- Working closely with Training Managers to ensure that all training materials and packages reflect best practices in gender and social inclusion.
- Building the capacity of CSOs, community women and gender champions to productively engage in service delivery decision making. This would demand designing capacity building activities and advocacy strategies.
- Reviewing and revising concept notes for gender and social inclusion.
- Crafting concept notes for new activities and oversee their completion (hiring consultants, implementing the activity, conducting capacity building training, oversee work of consultants).
- Identifying consultants to assist in activities and prepare SOWs.
- Developing training materials (or make revisions to existing materials) that reflect state-of-the-art practices in gender and social inclusion.
- Developing M&E systems to capture the impact of gender related activities on project outcomes.
- Developing staff capacity in gender and social inclusion.
- Preparing quarterly and final reports.
- Creating project levels systems and protocols to ensure that gender and social inclusion is integrated into the project's operational systems.
- Engage with project leadership to advance gender and social Inclusion throughout the project portfolio.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Expertise in Gender
- Experience in designing and conducting trainings and capacity building activities.
- Experience In Gender and Service delivery considered a plus.
- Ability to work with the team and be proactive in the design of activities with other team members.
- Advanced Degree with five (5) to eight (8) years experience working on gender capacity building.
- 5-8 years previous experience in leading advocacy efforts or project management.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to Bauchi and Rivers states.
- Bilingual -Hausa speaker is a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at CBM International
- Sales Vacancies at DKT International
- Job Opportunity at LYFE
- Engineering Jobs at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Office Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Latest Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Jobs at a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
- Job Opportunity at Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)