Leadway Assurance Company Limited was founded in 1970. Sir (Dr.) Hassan O. Odukale, (KJW, D.Sc., FCIIN).It has a chequered history of being a company with close attention to relationships, having started operations as a direct motor insurance company. Soon the relationship developed to a stage where it has established a deep relationship with the brokers’ network in Nigeria, enjoying 80% of its current business from this source.
General Description of Role
This role will be responsible for developing markets and increasing sales of our insurance products and services, in addition to coordinating operational activities within the branches and leading the branch sales team in retaining existing clients and developing new markets which would have positive impact on profit targets.
This is a senior staff position and the role reports to Commercial Business Development Manager.
Location: South-East, South-West, South-South, North and North Central
1. Execution of the company’s business plan that outlines key initiatives and meeting established budgets associated with revenue growth, profitability and expense control
2. Maintaining and developing relationships with existing Clients and Brokers
3. Responsible for new channels - new brokers/agents to drive new business production, key account retention, new product roll out, and large account prospecting.
4. Developing and maintaining awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
5. Developing and maintaining thorough knowledge of company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offering additional services as appropriate to existing customers in conjunction with assigned brokers/agents.
6. Regularly meeting with sales representatives for review of sales activities and results.
7. Staying abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly.
8. Marketing Intelligence gathering/brand promotion
9. Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
10. Open business development dialogues with strategic clients with the focus to build large strategic accounts
11. Maintaining relationships with appropriate regulatory bodies
Suitable candidates should have obtained a minimum of Bachelor’s degree/HND. Higher academic and or professional qualification will be an advantage.
1. Ideal candidate should have minimum of 5 years in business development and marketing financial services product related roles with proven results of business success.
2. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, is key along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
3. Relationship with key customers/brokers/agents in the financial services industry
4. Good knowledge of the financial services industry, especially insurance.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply by completing the recruitment form on our Career page on the company’s website: www.leadway.com/careers/ and submit same latest by close of business on Monday, 17th November 2014.
Kindly indicate your preferred location within Nigeria, though the company is at liberty to present alternative location to you.
Our pay package is very competitive, negotiable and bonus based, driven by proven track record, achievements and candidate’s relevant experience.
Click here to apply