Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation and one of the
largest oil & gas producers in Nigeria. With a long and established history of operations, the company's oil & natural gas production activities provide a major source of revenue for the Nigerian Government and economy.
Due to organizational restructuring and a revitalization of the Public & Government Affairs Department, an exceptional opportunity exists for an ambitious and results driven individual to join our dynamic and self-motivated team.
We are looking to recruit a high calibre Media & Communications Manager with the highest standards of integrity and capacity for hard work. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to make effective individual contributions within a team.
Reporting to the General Manager, Public & Government Affairs, the incumbent of this position will play a lead role in developing and executing the Company's media, communications, social media and public relations strategy and activities to ensure alignment with company’s strategic objectives
Other responsibilities will include:
• Provide robust and effective leadership by reaching key internal and external stakeholders with the right messages utilizing the most effective means available
• Proactively engage in external communication activities by ensuring an integrated communications strategy is in place and implementation focuses on key issues of importance to stakeholders
• Ensure crisis communication plans are comprehensive and appropriately coordinated with relevant agencies
• Maintain ongoing effective/appropriate relationships with key government officials involved in making decisions with business impact
• Assist with all aspects of raising the organization’s external profile from planning PR strategy to cultivating media and media monitoring in alignment with company’s strategic objectives.
• Maintain relations with correspondents of local and international media organizations in Nigeria to promote positive and balanced publicity for company activities and issues, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A good Bachelor's degree in Mass Communication or Social Sciences; the possession of a relevant Master’s degree will be an advantage.
• Minimum of 12 years relevant experience; proven media relations experience and some experience in executing highly successful/creative media campaigns
• Relevant experience in Oil and Gas industry or multinational is desirable but not necessary
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in regard to company’s goals and mission in addition to the following:
• Ability to represent the Company at important functions
• Commitment to high standards
• Proven leadership skills including excellent people skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• In-depth understanding of the media landscape
• A strong track record of high performance and delivering results