Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the largest Ports & Terminal operators in the world to recruit a Claims Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client offers the global shipping community a geographically balanced, integrated Global Terminal Network which includes current operations in 63 ports and terminals in 40 countries with six new terminal development projects.
• Ensures that legitimate customer claims are processed correctly and timely.
• Manage all insurance of the company properties and liabilities
• Manage relations with insurance companies
• Act as legal counsel whenever needed.
• Ensure claims are regularly documented and regular reports provided.
• Liaises with different departments and also with shipping lines, consignees, insurers, surveyors and all stakeholders in the claims process.
• Develop/manage/maintain SOP's for efficient handling claims
• Ensure that proper documents maintained for each of them
• Ensure speedy recovery of claim by organization to the insurance companies
• Develop/manage / maintain SOP’s for efficient handling of claims
• Ensure that proper documents maintained for each claim
• Ensure speedy recovery of claim by organisation to the insurance companies
• Coordination of investigation and processing of labour accidents in cooperation with HSSE
• Assists in managing legal and contractual issues as per claims and insurance
• Bachelor’s degree in Law Compulsory from an accredited university
• Professional Certification and membership from insurance professional bodies is required
• At least three to five years of experience in Maritime industry in claims section or from an insurance company dealing with Maritime customers claims on regular basis
• Expert of Maritime industry processes, documentation involved, Clearing
• Must have extensive knowledge of Maritime Claims and Trade documentation
• Must have expertise in International and Nigerian Maritime regulations/legislations
• Must be familiar with legal concepts, contractual agreements.
• Must be familiar with commercial law, credit agreements, concession and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
• Requires high proficiency EXCEL spreadsheets and Power point presentations
To apply for this position, click here