FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 19,300 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs,
manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
This position is responsible for sourcing, pricing, negotiating, and expediting the delivery of goods and services as assigned. Ensuring quality, cost effective products services are delivered in a timely manner. Executes procurement strategies for assigned components or services.
- Sources components or services, evaluates RFQ’s (Request for Quote), negotiates price, quality and delivery, selects supplier and places purchase orders in conformance to local and Corporate Operating Procedures, Ethical Code of Conduct, etc.
- Expedites delivery by contacting vendors and shippers to ensure that merchandise, supplies and equipment are forwarded on specified shipping date.
- Works with product teams or other procurement staff to generate Request For Quotations (RFQ’s) for new or modified parts. Corresponds with or interviews suppliers to obtain price, specifications and delivery information. Analyzes and evaluates quotes to determine vendor selection. Maintains quotations for future reference.
- Develops and manages supplier relationships on an on-going basis. Tracks and evaluates supplier performance. Manages supplier quality as it relates to procurement.
- Develops innovative approaches to supply chain management using an awareness of industry cost drivers and identifies and realizes cost savings opportunities to achieve yearly cost reduction targets.
Serves as a mentor and provides technical guidance to less experienced staff. May assist with training, monitoring and coaching less experienced staff.
- Identifies new suppliers and new subcontractors pursuant to local Operating Procedures.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers and/or subcontractors to minimize the liability of FMC. Contracts will address such issues as stocking or consignment programs, unit price, delivery, terms and conditions, etc. Maintains compliance with relevant guidelines.
- May assist Procurement Council as requested, in the development and execution of sourcing strategies. May be assigned to consolidate forecast demand and leverage FMC’s buying power. Executes stocking and delivery programs.
Bachelors Degree Business administration, Procurement, Operations or related field. Minimum 3years professional experience in purchasing or materials management. Demonstrated experience with supply chain management, supplier quality systems, and awareness of industry cost drivers and implementation of sourcing strategies. Must have a thorough understanding of machining and manufacturing processes and be familiar with steel products. Needs strong knowledge of organizational structure. When involved with outsourcing, must be familiar with supplier capabilities including quality, capacity, NDE capabilities, etc. Must demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills, planning skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in a team-based environment. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume environment with minimum supervision. PC skills including spreadsheet, word processing and the use of SAP. Technical, metallurgical or engineering background helpful.
To apply for this position, click here