Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is a renowned supplier of high-tech polymers and develops innovative product solutions for a wide variety of everyday uses. Products holding leading positions on the world market account for a large proportion of its sales.
The subgroup’s portfolio is divided into three business units
- Coatings, Adhesives, Specialties
1. Global Job purpose
- Manage the administration of the Legal Entity in Nigeria and supervise Corporate Services including Finance, Accounting, Admin, HR and Legal responsibilities
- In the absence of managing director, Defend Bayer’s interests in the country, both internally and externally
- Ensure the correct structural and functional environment to provide cost effective services to all Business Groups
- Plans, administers and reviews the financial and accounting operations of the organization together with Regional CFO
- Manage procurement operations of the organization in close cooperation with Regional Procurement.
- Manage local IT of the organization in close cooperation with Regional IT.
2. Major tasks and responsibilities of position
- Run the companies accounts, ensuring compliance in all activities
- Co-ordinate and operate HR and payroll activities
- Prepare annual budget and forecast including management reporting
- Ensure adequate reporting into corporate systems, including but not limited to monthly expense reports, yearly closing reports, payroll overviews and fixed asset reports
- Establish and maintain proper control procedures for all accounting related issues and ensure that the company complies with all legal, tax and other regulatory regimes in coordination with Regional CFO
- Ensure adequate personnel related insurance coverage and be responsible for insurance policies in coordination with Regional HR//BP
- Select, maintain, and manage a supplier base that is financially sound, technically competent, and strategically aligned in coordination with Regional procurement
- Ensure proper IT services in coordination with Regional IT
- Communicate with local MD and Regional CFO about relevant events