We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reports To: Laboratory Technologist
Nigeria is currently the world’s third largest market for the Guinness brand and may become the largest in the next five years.
The brewery operations are focused on the three sites, - Ogba, Benin and Aba, and all sites have quality functions within their structure.
Purpose of Role
To ensure bench work quality control determination is carried out in accordance with Guinness Nigeria PLC quality procedures and specifications for the attainment of high quality products.
Reports to the budget holder for the quality function within each site as appropriate.
Work across our business with support from Brand Technical Centre in UK to deliver high quality product to our consumers
- Leadership Responsibilities:
Carry out designated analyses promptly and accurately in line with GNPLC work procedure and ensure results are well-documented on-line (UNILAB), notebooks and on-line Kalamazoo and results sent to user department promptly.
Top 3 Accountabilities
- Determination and reporting of analytical parameters, as appropriate and as specified. Working within guidelines to ensure that results are repeatable and aligned to other laboratories on an interchange basis.
- Working with the appropriate parts of the supply function (as required) to assist them in delivering products of the highest quality in terms of content and presentation.
- Acting as a member of the Quality team, and displaying the behaviours expected of a strong team player.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND or HND in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences.
- BSc in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences
- On the job experience, with minimum of 2 years in a laboratory environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Barriers to Success in Role
- As the business will rely on the quality of the output from the individual to make business decisions around the quality of its components and products, lack of a very responsible attitude to work will be a hindrance to the individual. Similarly, a low boredom threshold will be a problem.
- Lack of required speed to respond to changes posed by new analytical methods and equipment as periodically advised by BTC will grossly affect the company’s desire to employ WCM practices and procedures in all her operations.
Flexible Working Options
Method of Application
To apply for these steps
- Click on this link
- Click on Search openings
- Under country, select Nigeria and click Search
- Click on Laboratory Technician and apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.