Community Action for Popular Participation (CAPP) is a membership, voluntary, non-religious, non-ethnic, non-governmental and not for profit, community focused organization established in 1993. Its functions are to build the capacity of CBOs, CSOs, and members in the area of Education, budget tracking, community peace building, gender popular participation and democracy. Our vision is to establish a Society where communities drive the governance and developmental process.
- Line manage program Officers on ENGINE to ensure achievement of project targets
- Plan and Coordinate implementation of project activities
- Coordinate research and documentation
- Coordinate documentation of lessons learnt and dissemination
- Coordinate participatory monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Organize Project Implementation Committee and national level stakeholder meetings
- Scan and periodically analyze national education programs and policies
- Ensure communication flow among Program Officers and the leadership of CAPP
- Report project implementation challenges promptly to management of CAPP
- Prepare periodic project report to CAPP and funding partners
- Network with relevant organisations and institutions for the implementation of ENGINE
- Propose project exit and sustainability strategies
- Carry out any other activity as may be assigned by relevant officers and organs of CAPP.
Functional Skills and competences
- Functional skills and knowledge, ability to work effectively in a team,
- Ability to analyze data, present results and effectively monitor progress
- Good command of written and spoken English and Hausa Languages
- Team and membership management skills
- Ability to work with diverse and large groups
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under Pressure
- Computer literacy and basic skills in Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Training /teaching /facilitation skills
- Self driven and motivated
- The candidate should have a degree in any of the social sciences and with at least 3 years experience in programme design and management.
- Term of Contract Fixed of one year subject to renewal.
Method of Application
All applications should be sent with detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th November, 2014. CAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.