Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited has the following vacancies:
About this job
ACTIVITIES The HSE Engineer will report on permanent basis to project HSE Leader. The Service holder will have the responsibility to monitor the implementation of Company HSE Contractual requirements. The Service holder is directly responsible to:
• Under the guidance of the HSE Leader, monitor the implementation of the approved Contractor and sub-contractor project HSE plans and referenced procedures including bridging documents
• Prepare and attend all HSE Meetings with Contractors and sub-contractors.
• Participate in Risk Assessment, Project Technical Reviews (PTRs) and Service Safety Analysis studies dedicated to installation and construction activities across sites and ensure they comply with related General Specifications and Guide manuals.
• Consolidation, Monitoring and reporting the HSE performance of the project
• Undertake site HSE audits & inspections, and ensure corrective action recommendations are conclusively closed-out.
• Must be able to attend to HSE Technical meetings, Technical Queries and fall out of HAZID, TRA Risk Analysis and PRAs in the absence of the HSE Leader
• Ensure Hazard identification/reporting, accident reporting and investigation are continuously undertaken • Ensure and Monitor Close out of open items in SYNERGI & Action Tracking Register.
• Take part in the preparation and attend the meetings of all site HSE committees
• Ensure Drills are conducted frequently to test the Emergency Arrangements of all Sites.
• Be able to attend to HSE Issues arising from Installation & Fabrication Activities
• To monitor the implementation of control measures identified during risk analyses while carrying out the construction activity.
• To assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents at Contractors yards to determine their underlying causes
• To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors. HSE
• To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
• To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
• To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
• When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
ACCOUNTABILITIES The Service holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible for:
• Monitoring of implementation of approved Project HSE Plan and contractual HSE requirements in all project activities within the project package under the
• Implementation of safety and security awareness and promotion of best practices with adequate emphasis on the 12 Golden Rules.
• Supervision of Health, Safety, Environment and Security activities and reporting of related performance
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Graduate Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) or equivalent in any engineering or physical science, and formal training in HSE with recognized qualification or certification.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 3 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities with technical background.
• Knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
• Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Fluent in English language and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
ACTIVITIES The holder of the position shall: • Assist the Construction Superintendent and the UFR Planning Lead in the provision of full range of schedule development (including progress monitoring) for all Project fabrication and installation activities and progress reporting expertise throughout the entire Project lifespan. • Supervise project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities and recommending alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussions and/or decisions. • Assist in the development and issuance of all necessary planning, scheduling and progress measurement and control procedures. • Interface with the main Construction Site Management team at SCNL and other sites (PCNL, EWT, IMS and AVEON) for specific planning and scheduling tasks. This also includes the OLT scope in AVEON. • Assist in the development and management of the Construction resource forecast management plan. • Assist in the weekly review of progress for contractors and alert Construction Management of any obvious trends. • Contribute to lessons learnt in relation to schedule preparation and deployment throughout the Construction life cycle. • Supervise Construction schedule, manpower and quantity reporting and to ensure the preparation and presentation of the Critical Items Action Report. • Work with all Construction disciplines to supervise and ensure understanding of total project schedule needs and integration of schedule activities. • Ensure continuous vigilance so that all changes to Construction Time (Schedule) Objectives are met. • Provide early advice to the Construction leadership team in respect of schedule slippage (gap analysis). • Prepare and plan construction activities; monitor implementation and update plans with actual performance; review processes and procedures on completion to improve. • Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. • Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned construction sub-elements and their interface to other sub- elements. • Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance. • Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures. • Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. • Implement and maintain the status reports. • Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers. • Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s). • Liaise with and challenge Construction personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers. • Review and verify contractors and sub-contractors’ reported progresses and ensure that this is reflected in the Construction schedule. • Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption. • Implement and utilize the client standard tools and processes. • Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work. • Prepare documentation requirement for Audit purposes. • Prepare reports as required by Management. • Carry out all other duties as assigned by the Construction Superintendent. HSE • Contribute to meet HSE objectives while ensuring HSE requirements are taken into consideration during the construction phase to minimize risk to people and Company/contractor assets, at any time during the project phase. • Demonstrate leadership for implementation of Company HSEQ requirements and ensure on construction site the set up of the correct organization, that Contractor implement properly the HSE plan on the Construction Yards, the proper monitoring and recording of HSE performance of the sites. • Ensure that safe working practices are carried out within the construction team and the contractors in order to enforce Company HSEQ policy. • Provide construction input to the Construction Superintendent for risks register update along with all mitigation measures, in close coordination with CTR and CPY construction teams. • Participate in various reviews (COMOPS, SIMOPS, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments…) and ensures implementation of recommendations as necessary. • Participate in safety tours and Management visits as defined by UFR.
ACCOUNTABILITIES • Work location is based in Port Harcourt. • Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Management System requirements • Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements. • Provide early advice to the Construction leadership team in respect of schedule slippage (gap analysis). • Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience. • 8+ years industry experience in planning/scheduling with MS Project and/or Primavera P6. • Proficiency with MS Office applications, primarily Word and Excel is required. • Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. • The ability to organize disparate information into a usable form is required. • Credible working relationships within multi-cultural teams. • Passionate about maintaining high standards. • Excellent work ethic and must be able to withstand fast-paced high pressure working environments.
· Education to HND level or above in an Engineering discipline or equivalent Professional Experience: · Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a conducting plant inspections, NDE, monitoring welding/fabrication/repair/alteration and working within an inspection program to support an in-service facility and supervisory role in the Oil and Gas Industry, of which 5 years shall have covered all aspects of welding, materials, engineering, fabrication and construction. · Experience in PRESSURE VESSEL fabrication, heat exchanger, tank fabrication and repair is a MUST. · Possession of recognized Quality Control qualification and a formal training in ISO 9001:2008 standards. Required Competencies: Skills required: · High standard of verbal and written communications, including: report writing, presentations, diplomacy and assertiveness. · Be fully conversant with Welding Processes, Welders qualifications, Materials identification, NDE Techniques and with Manufacturing/construction activities and Painting/Coating/Fireproofing process. · Able to follow up WPS, PQR and WPS, WQT and WPQT, painting/coating qualification. · Knowledgeable in the various applications of welding, painting, pressure vessel codes and standards · Strategic thinking – Decision Making - Listening and reception. Problem Solving Spirit of Enterprise - Relations management. Flexibility – Excellence orientation. · Innovation – Change management. Planning target control – Communication. Experience with latest inspection and monitoring methods. · Good working knowledge of AWS, BGAS/CSWIP, ANSI, NACE, API Codes, metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT Used the project design and construction. · Knowledge on basic general specification and BV rules are an advantage · Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application (Words, Excel, Power Point, etc) · Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company, · Good planning capacity, presentation , negotiation and organizational skills and can direct people
About this job
ACTIVITIES The QAQC Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring and enforcing the Quality implementation on the Nigeria Content fabricationin Yards. She/he will report on daily basis to the Package Quality Superintendent. The SERVICE holder is directly responsible for: QC Activities General Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting incoming materials, in process construction components, and finished module to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications. · Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records. Ensures the availability of quality record documents. · Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan on site. · Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity. · Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records. · Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned. · Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel. · Ensures the correct application of Quality Control phase. · Takes case of reporting on his duty to Project Superintendent (PS). · Arranges in coordination with PS and site personnel procedures, manuals and reports. · Be sure that all sites activities are carried out according to reference documentation. · Cooperates in Event Report Management and for all the implementation of relative corrective actions. · Systematically record the nonconformity or event reports issued and identify appropriate corrective actions. · Manages collaboration of measurement instruments and related certifications. · Distributes Quality Plan on Site. · Informs the Project Quality Engineer of any deviation regarding the contract. · Checks the completeness and conformity to specified applicable requirements, standards and/or directives. · Ensures that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out and that personnel have access to all required project documentation. · Makes site personnel aware of and trainee them on quality topics. · Ensures, whenever necessary, the update of site quality control plans / control procedures. · Ensure proper control/traceability on free issue and purchased materials and that they conform to required specification. · Ensure Contractors’ control and adherence to specification, codes, standards and statutory requirements · Update internal Database with all information (Corrective Action Requests, Nonconformities and Deviations/Derogations etc) and prepare statistical analysis. · Determine with the Yard CSR or Superintendent where improvements are required and where necessary recommend corrective action. · Participate at kick-off meetings. · Review the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and correctness. · Perform physical inspections, plan and co-ordinate piping test and to interpret test and result. · Initiate, discuss with the Yard QA/QC leader and help to promote all necessary corrective actions for any failure identified within the project quality system. · Ensure all nonconformities are resolved, track trends and make recommendations to the Yard QA/QC leader for inspection levels and frequency changes. · Attend weekly project meetings and monthly meetings with Contractors · Carried out Final Inspection of Modules together with QAQC Yard Representative · Prepared and issued Inspection Release Certificates. · Performs other duties as assigned to him/her by upper line of authorities. HSE · Ensure implementation of the Contractor HSE plan (Procedures, Risks Assessments...) as approved. · Participate in the implementation of the Project HSE Management System (plans, procedures and specifications) within project in Korea for all aspects of the work. · Provide specialist advice supports and technical assistance to the HSE Superintendent on HSE matters. · Provide on-site HSE leadership to the FPSO team at all work sites. · Promote the implementation of HSE procedures and follow up their strict implementation on FPSO SHI Shipyard and main subcontractors. · Participate and ensure compliance with recommendations from safety audits, SERVICE safety analysis, reviews, incident and accident investigation.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT · Nigerian context (Nigerian content, Nigerian Laws, Authorities involvement in the “due process”) shall be taken into account. · Detailed Engineering for project is done mostly in Nigeria · Nigerian Content Fabrication for 6 modules, pressure vessel, flare tower and structure appurtenance. · The Integration of the project and Nigerian content will be performed in Nigeria. · The SERVICE shall be site based at the project fabrication worksite; however it will be initially located in Lagos during detail engineering period. ACCOUNTABILITIES The SERVICE holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible to ensure the full implementation of Quality Management within the packages as per requirement of the Project. · High standard of verbal and written communications, including: report writing, presentations, diplomacy and assertiveness. · Be fully conversant with Welding Processes, Welders qualifications, Materials identification, NDE Techniques and with Manufacturing/construction activities and Painting/Coating/Fireproofing process. · Able to follow up WPS, PQR and WPS, WQT and WPQT, painting/coating qualification. · Knowledgeable in the various applications of welding, painting, pressure vessel codes and standards and · Can direct people · Strategic thinking – Decision Making - Listening and reception. Problem Solving Spirit of Enterprise - Relations management. Flexibility – Excellence orientation. · Innovation – Change management. Planning target control – Communication. Experience with latest inspection and monitoring methods. · Good working knowledge of AWS, BGAS/CSWIP, ANSI, NACE, API Codes, metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT Used I n FPSO design and construction.
· Knowledge on project general specification and BV rules are an advantage · Graduate Bachelor’s degree (B. Sc) or equivalent in engineering disciplines relevant to Oil& Gas and Construction engineering activities. · Professional Experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas Production Projects. · Administrative skill including proficiency in typical office application (Words, Excel, Power Point, etc) · Fluent in English and able to communicate at all level within the Company. Good planning capacity, presentation , negotiation and organizational skills
About this job
ACTIVITIES · Coordinates office space upon arrival of new staff including all logistic needs. · Liaise with Project logistics and security to receive up-to-date logistics requests to incorporate into a daily logistics movement plan. · Documenting each request for logistics assistance and accompanying approval for implementation · Detailing pax and escort vehicles to logistics requests · Assigning drivers and escort team members to tasks · Manages the Project Fleet in as applicable · Create a request database/spreadsheets to form the basis for allocating resources · Prepares periodic reports. · Maintain contacts and good communications with key project personnel, security logistics and project yards representatives at all times. · Monitor personnel movements, track and coordinate personnel transfers between project sites to ensure the security of such transfers in accordance to Project journey management plan. · Implement project approved documentation - policies, procedures, manuals and other related documents · Receive and report any anomalies and security in the transit of personnel between various sites · Coordinates with the security department for Motorized escort requests for missions where applicable. · Coordinates hotel accommodation bookings and follow up. · Follow up PTS booking and manages PTS registration of Pax · Manage all Group Travels, Package Travels and special travel for personnel. · Execute additional administration tasks as may be assigned by the GM Project Controls Partners and Authorities. SAFETY · Encourage culture of HSE among team members by proper and prompt reporting of anomalies and anomaly close out. · Ensure that the workplace, vehicles, and equipment are safe, clean and tidy. · Staying vigilant and maintaining continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement. · Comply with office security, health and safety instructions. · Take care of colleagues’ safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively. · Focal point for journey management of project personnel · Ensuring that security and logistics resources are provided as requested by Project personnel to retain flexibility in project activities · Ensuring all security logistics requirements are managed in a sensible manner to avoid misuse · Deciding the best means to satisfy a logistics request using dedicated resources while optimizing existing security logistics arrangements.
ACCOUNTABILITIES · Ensuring compliance with security rules while travelling in Nigeria. · Ensuring Compliance with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) NECESSARY PROFILE · Advanced Diploma or Bachelors degree in relevant discipline · 3+ years previous industrial security/logistics experience preferably in Oil and Gas Industry Projects · Good knowledge of Port Harcourt township and environs · Adequate computing skills and proficiency in MS Office suite · Good team spirit and open communication skills. Well organised, diligent and proactive. · Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail · Quick to learn new systems · Military/Police background would be advantage
About this job
ACTIVITIES The four main objectives are: • Deliver with commitment to HSE excellence • Deliver to acceptable specifications • Deliver on time • Deliver within budget • Materials management, permanently installed equipment and Spares The key objective of job holder will be to provide technical support to the Project Base Company Rep in order to ensure: • Availability of Subsea Equipment and Spares for operations & maintenance activities. • Proper spares management implementation by Contractor (best storage practices, proper segregation and arrangement, good quality inventory, robust obsolescence management, good control/tracking of use & forecasts etc.) • Efficient procurement process of spares & materials • Efficient dispatch / receipt of equipment & materials by COMPANY or CONTRACTOR at operational base. • Oversee CONTRACTOR utilisation of safe & proper lifting & handling practices in relation to movement, dispatch or receipt of COMPANY equipment. • Intermittent support with QA/QC activities available when required The job holder will be involved in the following activities with his responsibilities defined as follows: HSE: • Ensure/verify that CONTRACTOR and SUB-CONTRACTORS constantly meet the objectives and standards set by client in relation to their management of COMPANY equipment, tools and spares. • Maintain a proactive HSE attitude in all working areas in line with COMPANY published standards (Wear adequate PPE, volunteer for CONTRACTOR and SUB-CONTRACTORS facilities safety tours and meetings, stop and report (but in a positive way) anyone caught performing an unsafe act…) and comply with COMPANY requirements in terms of HSE training • Promote any Safety Bulletins issued from the client Group for awareness within CONTRACTOR Organization • Follow up any analysis process of reported unsafe acts where relevant, ensure close out and transmissions of the lessons learned • Oversee safe & proper lifting & handling practices in relation to movement, dispatch or receipt of COMPANY equipment. • Although this remains the duty of the CONTRACTOR and SUB-CONTRACTORS, ensure that visitors, relevant to his/her activities, are fully briefed before entering a working site (especially during heavy lift and testing operations) and guided / supervised during the visit Follow up of SPS equipment & materials delivery: • Monitor status of equipment & materials in transit and delivered to CONTRACTORS • Follow up, Coordinate and support preparation / packing / loading of equipment & materials from CONTRACTS as required (this activity scope does NOT include follow up at QUAYSIDE or CONTRACTOR facility and is limited to execution within base) • Plan and drive preparation / packing / loading of equipment to other TOTAL sites (yard, rigs, intervention vessels…) as necessary in safe and efficient manner – confirm no unsecured COMPANY load dispatched out of CONTRACTOR base. • Follow up custom clearing process and status • Liaise with and Alert COMPANY Logistics organisation with respects to movement of COMPANY equipment, ensuring all necessary documentation from CONTRACTOR base prepared to accompany load outs / receipts. • Support and Monitor CONTRACTOR activity to ensure efficient and cost-effective procurement process • Follow up punch list work (i.e. work not yet performed, although planned at manufacturing / fabrication sites) per equipment and inspect on completion of the work in country as required. • Follow up and inspect equipment status after delivery and after any associated repair work • Follow up and inspect on completion of Site Received Test procedure on each delivered equipment (ensure procedures are in place and implemented by CONTRACTOR) • Follow up and inspect maintenance / repair work on COMPANY purchased equipment (ensure procedures are in place and implemented by CONTRACTOR) • Supervise CONTRACTOR practices and activities regarding equipment & materials storage • Ensure CONTRACTOR stores equipment and spares are stored in appropriate storage conditions at CONTRACTOR base e.g. rubber goods & electronic goods/equipment in cool indoor conditions; equipment suitable for outdoor storage fully tarpaulin covered and protected from dust and elements, all equipment supported off ground and not subject to temperature extremes. etc Reporting: • Follow up equipment and spare parts stock status including through CONTRACTOR materials management software. Ensure correct level of spares is maintained by CONTRACTOR in its facility. • Preparation of handover dossier • Issue weekly status report spreadsheet to the designated persons and report discrepancies via Client Base Company Rep as soon as possible • Issue Activity Reports on completion of activity (e.g. inspection, inventory,…) or on daily, weekly, monthly etc. basis as required. • Ensure CONTRACTOR complies with equipment/materials related reporting per provisions of CONTRACT and drive CONTRACTOR to deliver same. CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT The Project is a challenging Contract, both technically and with respect to execution strategy wherein a high quotient of work shall be conducted in-country, from engineering through to construction and test. The Package is, in essence, a “delivery” package with equipment from the Package being installed on or by facilities designed / provided by other Packages. The on-time delivery of equipment is essential to ensure that “receiving” Packages are not adversely impacted.
ACCOUNTABILITIES The job holder will be accountable for: Coordinating and Supervising safe and efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of COMPANY equipment to/at/from CONTRACTOR Monitoring quality and status of spares and materials procured and/or stored by CONTRACTOR at COMPANY request. Monitoring quality of work of CONTRACTOR at the base and SUB-CONTRACTOR / OTHER CONTRACTOR NIGERIAN facilities as required. Adequate interface & communication with other DW stakeholders. NECESSARY PROFILE Focused on Subsea Production System (SPS) Equipment for Drilling & Completion, UFR, FPSO, SCS Operations activities. Personnel under direct supervision Education Technical degree(generalistmechanical…) 5 years cumulative experience in drilling & completion operations, logistics, with management of CONTRACTOR. QA/QC or materials/equipment inspection experience. RequireCompetencies: Manage the CONTRACT and monitor the CONTRACTOR to ensure that he meets his obligation under the CONTRACT, to ensure that the CONTRACTOR delivers on time, within budget and to the agreed level of equipment specifications. Endeavour to maintain good, professional, and consistent working relationship with CONTRACTOR Carry out all activities with integrity and in compliance to Nigerian laws and regulations, and in line with COMPANY rules and objectives. Language: English fluent, French is an added advantage
Use the links below to apply