The job of Welder/Fabricator is done for the purpose/s of maintaining and repairing a wide variety of items fabricated of various types of metal throughout the Plant; assisting with construction, welding, sheet metal; and resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Fabricates a wide variety of metal structures from oral directions, sketches, drawings and blueprints for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items as needed.
• Repairs metal surfaces (e.g. doors, drain covers, fences, gates, grates, tools, parts, equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are in proper working condition.
• Getting information for the manufacturing of various products by reading technical drawings.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. work orders, requisitions, drawings, sketches, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Fabricate, assemble or dissemble manufactured products by pressing, stretch, bend, straighten, shape, pound, or press metal.
• Identify properties of metal for repair or fabrication & understand construction specifications
• Coordinates with other trades (e.g. hazardous asbestos, air quality, etc.) for the purpose of manufacturing object according to plan & specifications.
• Estimates time and material costs for the purpose of determining costs for specific jobs.
• Inspects Plant components (e.g. metal doors, jambs, frames, security bard, thresholds, handrails, guardrails, toilet partitions, interior moveable bleachers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that components are in safe working condition.
• Maintains equipment, tools, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety.
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
• Minimum 2 years as a fabricator and/or welder
• Ability to read and interpret drawings & work orders
• Operating equipment welding and sheet metal
• Preparing and maintaining accurate records
• Adhering to safety practices.
• Ability to identify properties of metal for repair or fabrication
• Identification of base metals for welding
• Adhere to safety practices and procedures
• Understands materials, equipment, tools, procedures, practices and techniques of modern fabrication and welding
• Understand properties and qualities of various metals and associated fusing temperatures.
• Ability to work under limited supervision
To apply for this position, click here