Our client represents some of the world’s premier professional and consumer technology brands in Sub-Saharan Africa. At the core of their business is the Apple brand and products. They now have a vacancy for a Field Marketing Manager in Lagos, Nigeria
Maximize sell out and growth in mass retail stores and to build, organise and manage a high performance field marketing team.
• Supervision of in-store sales consultants at various reseller locations
• Assist the country manager in managing and supporting the resellers.
• Set store sell-out targets based on the overall Mass Retail quarterly targets and ensure the right product mix and stock holding is maintained
• Allocate sell-out targets as per clustering analysis and review quarterly.
• Monitor stock levels weekly and take remedial action as appropriate including liaising with Retail Operations and Store Managers of the relevant Accounts.
• Ensure field marketing team have all point of sale elements correctly positioned in store as per set guidelines
• Negotiate optimum positioning of point of sale material in each store to maximise sell-out
• High level intelligence reporting in terms of sales opportunities, what competitors are doing, interaction with sales people and interaction with customers
• Own the best location in store to ensure products are optimally displayed to maximize sales and customer experience
• Build, organise, manage and motivate high performance in store sales team to achieve objectives
• Ensure workshops and events are planned for relationship building and product training
• Spend 2 days in the field and 3 days in the office
• Attend to reseller enquiries, make offers, presentations, send prices and quotations, produce invoices for delivery etc.
• Monitor the supply chain side for resellers business.
• A good degree in any discipline
• At least 2 years’ experience from an FMCG environment
• Proven track record of Field Sales, Territory Sales or Area Sales from a reputable FMCG company
• People management skills from an FMCG environment
• Strong negotiation experience,
• Strong sales experience
• Leadership skills
Reports to: The Commercial Director (Based in South Africa)
Objectives of the Role
To achieve targeted sales of Apple Hardware and Services into the Corporate and Education sectors focusing on solution based selling. Ongoing business development through building strong relationships with senior executives with decision making authority within these sectors.
• Provide input into and implement the Corporate and Education Sales strategy for Nigeria
• Develop Relationships with key Executives (Corporates, Education/customers with a focus on solution selling which drives the use of products within these sectors.
• Achievement of sell-in targets and pipeline development
• Required to be exceptional in all dealings with customers
• Required to maintain Apple Product Professional Status and have required knowledge to provide business solutions.
• Provide input into the marketing plan for the relevant Carriers and Corporates in line with both party’s interests.
• 5 years minimum in B2B/Corporate Sales into Global business operations in solution selling.
• This is a senior Sales Manager Role where the successful candidate will have a proven track record of solution selling at an Executive/Decision making level.
• Proven track record of solution selling at an Executive/Decision making level
• Sales experience in a target driven environment -into the Corporate Market i.e Financial Services, listed Companies and FMCGs
• Ability to partner with Corporates and provide sales solutions
• Networking ability and strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Commercial and Financial Astuteness
• Strong Numeracy/Excel skills
• High tolerance for ambiguity
• Sales skills - Corporate experience
• Hunter orientation - actively seeks out opportunities to grow the business and tenaciously pursue and close deals
• Excellent Communication skills - written and verbal and able to express one’s self clearly to customers and colleagues
• High Customer-centricity - respond to customers’ needs by doing it right the first time
• Able to operate independently and with integrity treating the business as if it were your own and able to proactively identify risks which might put the business in jeopardy
• Strong work ethic - disciplined approach punctuality, attendance, rapid turnaround time to customers!
• Ability to give input into marketing side of business
• High level of integrity
• Hunter mentality NOT farmer mentality
• Commercial/Financial Acumen
• Tenacity to follow up on all opportunities
• Time Management
• Nigerian citizen
To apply for Field Marketing Manager position, click here
To apply for Corporate Sales Manager position, click here