Our client is a global Internet venture capitalist firm that effectively develops a number of large and fast-growing Internet projects in Russia, Ukraine, Asia and Africa. When consolidated, their internet company investments are within the top 100 websites in the world by traffic. Due to expansion, they now have a vacancy for their Nigerian business for Editor in Chief. This role is based in Lagos.
• Responsible for the content on the website, ensuring the coverage meeting quality and quantity requirements.
• Manage a geographically dispersed editorial staff
• Ensure submissions and contributing bylined articles are carefully edited, polished
• Help conceive of and execute new editorial products, site features, and brand extensions.
• Recruit and retain contributors
• Work with editors and copy staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of all published material.
• Work with web development to ensure we are constantly activating our audience.
• Ensure smart use of social channels (Twitter, Facebook)
• Stay abreast of trends, best practices in publishing
• Assist copy editor in editing and coding columns, cropping and uploading images
• Ensure that articles are delivered in a timely manner and against sponsorship requirements.
Qualification and Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar role.
• Proven track record of creating a quality online editorial product and managing staff, both internally and externally.
• Ability to really multitask, and to faithfully adhere to multiple deadlines for numerous projects.
• Must be upbeat, energetic and sociable.
• BSc (Hons) or Masters in a related discipline
To apply for this role, click here