ALARA is a luxury lifestyle brand dedicated to contemporary art, design, fashion, cuisine and culture.
The concept store is located in Lagos, Nigeria and will feature inspirational objects of African origin alongside international design.
ALARA was created by Reni Folawiyo, and the Lagos store has been designed by renowned architect David Adjaye - It features an exhibition-style retail space, a restaurant and terrace lounge, and an art gallery.
ALARA means "wondrous performer".
Sales and Business Development
- Work closely with the GM to develop sales targets for the retail, restaurant, art and design departments, and analyse the performance of each department on a periodic basis.
- Plan and coordinate innovative strategies for the department managers to support the meeting of their sales performance targets.
- Work closely with other departments and managers to design and execute strategies and sales promotions built around developing new business.
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business, and to market Alara’s end-to-end solutions e.g. Home Goods/Interior Design consultancy, Restaurant Hire and Personal Shopping Service.
- Contribute to driving peak performance and sales success across the Company
- Devise key client / CRM strategies across the Company, to drive repeat sales and customer loyalty
- Plan effective strategies and pitches that will persuade other companies and individuals to do business with Alara; follow up new business opportunities and set up meetings with clients to close such opportunities
- Develop strategies to communicate and showcase the Company’s new products to prospective and existing clients
- Build relationships with new and existing clients in an attempt to increase their current spend
- Open business development dialogue with strategic customers. Of particular interest is to build a several large strategic accounts.
- Acquire new customers for Alara through various media and marketing platforms such as advertising, print and electronic media, digital and social media, events and strategic partnerships etc.
- Create a brand plan, brand strategy and brand message while ensuring all aspects of Alara’s marketing activities align with the ethos and goals of the brand and result in increased sales and brand loyalty.
- Manage and enhance the Alara brand and coordinate the company’s objectives with its marketing and advertising to ensure the commercial goals of the brand are met.
- Understand Alara’s reputation and pursue initiatives to retain that image by continually enhancing the Company’s presence.
- Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximise all opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the development of Alara’s marketing literature
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Stay abreast of the 360-marketing activities of both local and international competitors.
- Seek out effective mutually beneficial luxury brand partnerships for the company both locally and internationally.
Public Relations, Events, CRM, Advertising, Digital & Social Media
- Develop the marketing strategy and marketing budget for Alara in line with the overall company objectives, covering advertising, PR, digital strategy (web and digital marketing), events, partnerships, CRM etc.
- Co-ordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities and periodically evaluate the effect of the campaigns. Plan and implement promotional campaigns and measure, monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing communications
- Analyse market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Manage an events calendar, events budget and new product launches. Develop and track important metrics to select the most effective communication forums, measure customer impact, and gauge ongoing progress
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the Company/Brand. Research, initiate and secure media partnerships for each company event.
- Work with social media team to plan, execute and promote event engagement and awareness via social media channels
- Create and publish all marketing material (online, print marketing campaigns etc.) in line with marketing plans.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyse potential strategic partner relationships for the Company’s marketing.
- Secure and negotiate cost-effective contracts with 3rd party suppliers and contractors whose input is required to deliver on marketing objectives.
- Build a dynamic Sales & Marketing team within the company by training and developing junior personnel within the team, and delegating effectively and responsibly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning high net worth clientele business
- Proven record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- An unrivalled knowledge of consumer marketing in the retail sector.
- Previous below the line marketing experience is advantageous.
- Strong client relationship management and development aptitude.
- Possess solid presentation skills.
- Have a desire to make a significant contribution to a rapidly growing organization
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Plenty of initiative
- Market research experience
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to facilitate and orchestrate resources cross functionally to support sales efforts.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management or in any academic discipline, with 5- 7 years of relevant business development experience
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of progressive sales and marketing experience and a demonstrated record of sales growth.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.