Engineering Vacancy at GE Oil & Gas
Posted on: 6 November, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at GE - General Electric
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Number: 2002744
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- The Field Engineer 6 provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Equivalent Experience in turbo machinery controls arena.
- 4+ years of experience as a field engineer with a focus on turbo machinery controls (steam
- turbine & gas turbine).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Customer Service Oriented. Good communication skill
- Computer skills—Good working experiences with Microsoft office.
- Willingness and ability to travel 80% of the time
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Experience with Woodward - Atlas, Micronet, GAP & Training.
- Experience with Turbine – Mark V / VI / VIe & Training.
- Experience I to HMI Upgrade and Training.
- Experience with Fanuc or other PLCs.
- Experience with GE Integrated Turbine Compressor Control (ITCC).
- Experience with reciprocating compressors.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- FEP program graduate is preferred (internal GE employees only)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GE - General ElectricSimilar Jobs
- Ongoing Recruitment at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) - Terra Energy Services
- Tender Buyer at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancies at Primus Group
- Employment Tax Lead - Africa at Baker Hughes - General Electric (GE) Nigeria
- Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
- Latest Vacancies at WTS Energy
- Field Supervisor III at Weatherford Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at WTS Energy