The Calabar International Convention Centre (CICC) is a landmark, purpose-built facility located in Calabar, Cross River, arguably Nigeria’s most beautiful state.
Opening in February 2015, this state-of-the-art, multifunctional convention centre will host events for national and global audiences comprising business, government and international associations.
The CICC offers the market an almost unlimited scale capability to host a wide range of events - from intimate business meetings and workshops to large audience product launches, press conferences, congresses, exhibitions and conventions.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Main Purpose Appointment
Securing business for the CICC under the Commercial Director.
- To structure client bookings by pro-actively approaching potential clients for national and international congresses, corporate meetings, exhibitions and special events.
- Manage and update database per discipline.
- Cold calls to prospective clients.
- Assist clients with meeting demand.
- Manage event contracts and deposit payments.
- Provide solutions for meeting requests as well as (up selling) for additional services such as F&B, A/V, security, event organizing, exhibition planning etc.
- Schedule bookings in EBMS or similar booking system.
- Maximize revenues by intelligent allocation of meeting space.
- Working in close corporation with the Cross River State Tourism Bureau, local accommodation sector and Government of Cross River State under Commercial Director approval and direction.
- Assist with setting up of the department, including research function.
- Training and skills transfer to newly appointed sales employees.
- Assist in sourcing suppliers, schedule meetings with potential suppliers and venue branding projects as directed.
- Understand the bidding process for international association conferences
- Knowledgeable in working on an event management system such as EBMS or Opera
- Relevant degree in business, marketing or similar
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their resume/CV to: email@example.com
Note: The CICC will contact prospective candidates directly to confirm if application has been successful to move forward for an interview or if not.