The Calabar International Convention Centre (CICC) is a landmark, purpose-built facility located in Calabar, Cross River, arguably Nigeria’s most beautiful state.
Opening in February 2015, this state-of-the-art, multifunctional convention centre will host events for national and global audiences comprising business, government and international associations.
The CICC offers the market an almost unlimited scale capability to host a wide range of events - from intimate business meetings and workshops to large audience product launches, press conferences, congresses, exhibitions and conventions.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Main Purpose Appointment
Securing business for the CICC under the Commercial Director.
- To structure client bookings by pro-actively approaching potential clients for national and international congresses, corporate meetings, exhibitions and special events.
- Manage and update database per discipline.
- Cold calls to prospective clients.
- Assist clients with meeting demand.
- Manage event contracts and deposit payments.
- Provide solutions for meeting requests as well as (up selling) for additional services such as F&B, A/V, security, event organizing, exhibition planning etc.
- Schedule bookings in EBMS or similar booking system.
- Maximize revenues by intelligent allocation of meeting space.
- Working in close corporation with the Cross River State Tourism Bureau, local accommodation sector and Government of Cross River State under Commercial Director approval and direction.
- Assist with setting up of the department, including research function.
- Training and skills transfer to newly appointed sales employees.
- Assist in sourcing suppliers, schedule meetings with potential suppliers and venue branding projects as directed.
- Understand the bidding process for international association conferences
- Knowledgeable in working on an event management system such as EBMS or Opera
- Relevant degree in business, marketing or similar
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their resume/CV to: email@example.com
Note: The CICC will contact prospective candidates directly to confirm if application has been successful to move forward for an interview or if not.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale