New Job Offer in a Global Leader in the Telecommunications & Data-Services Sectors
Posted on: 5 November, 2014
Deadline: 15 November, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our Client is a global leader in the telecommunications and data-services sectors delivering wide range of affordable, high quality and easy to use broadband access and communication services across Africa.
Job location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Sector: Supply Chain/Logistics
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- · Plans, develops and implements short and long term procurement strategy for the Client.
- · Oversees the enter procurement process as well as contracting and tendering processes for all material teams.
- · Bears overall responsibility for compliance to Client's guidelines and procedures.
- · Prioritizes and assigns the targets and tasks to the entire Central procurement function and manages the proper utilization and allocation of resources within his/her section.
- · Handles procurement process from pre-qualification of vendors, through RFP/RFQ, evaluation of offers, negotiation of commercial details and contractual conditions and finalizes contract and possible initial order.
- · Plans the Central Purchasing function, ensures that the most efficient and cost effective methods are applied to the best interest of the Corporation.
- · Ensures that approvals as per authorized limits of Devolution of Powers are obtained and documented in order to initiate local and international purchase.
- · Processes orders after ascertaining availability of funds.
- · Appraises subordinates’ performance, carries out counseling to improve performance level.
- · Prepares periodic reports on vendor ratings and performance, ensures that vendor database is updated and monitors track record of new vendors.
- · Liaises with concerned Departments in the Head Office and Regions to identify and source their requirements at competitive prices. Initiates action as per the set limits.
- · University degree or HND in Purchasing & Supply Management, Business Administration, Marketing and related fields.
- · A higher degree or professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- · 10/12 years work experience in total post graduation, 3-4 of which must be in the telecom industry.
- · 2 years as Manager, the major part of which must be within procurement.
Method of Application
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH A MINIMUM OF TEN (10) YEARS EXPERIENCE IN CORE TELCO PROCUREMENT SHOULD PLEASE APPLY. We welcome professionals from leading Data/Telecommunications companies to apply. Forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘TELCO PROCUREMENT’ as the subject of mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Team Lead, IT Business and Budget Management at IHS Towers
- Latest Vacancies at FPG Technologies & Solutions Limited
- Solutions Architect at Cousant Connect
- Latest Jobs at Ark Technologies Limited
- Technical Support Engineers at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Job Openings at Riddle Technologies Limited
- HR Manager at Transsion Holdings
- Fresh Jobs at Huawei Technologies