Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
- Following the direction of the WASH Program Manager, the Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle.
- He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The DPM ensures the WASH team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations.
Summary of Key Objectives
- To Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission
- To Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of WASH projects
- To support projects implementation, monitoring and reporting
- To Support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area.
- Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact.
- Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development)
- Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Degree in Geological, hydraulic, hydrology, Engineering, Public Health or equivalent in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and or training/ courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates)
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedadogy, planning, organizational and representation competencies
- Previous experience with WASH programming (Soft and Hardware )
- Experience of assessing, reviewing and monitoring technical projects
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English
- Experience implementing WASH programming on behalf of donors (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
- Experience with International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian contexts
- Experience in Personnel Management and administration
- Experience in Project Cycle Management
- Fluency in Hausa
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Sunday, 16th November 2014 will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.