If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across five continents and more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not send or apply unsolicited resumes to our job openings, APM Terminals employees or any other Maersk Group brand or company location. APM Terminals is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. For all of our employees, we offer fair, competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous development opportunities. Since our talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance in a way that promotes continued achievement.
Value and team-based leadership.
•An open and engaging working environment.
•A wide range of international career opportunities.
•Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
•Competitive compensation packages
- •Foster a safe working environment and model safe behaviours.
- •Support or lead transfer of safety best practices between locations and from APMT Best Practices.
- •Lead improvement initiatives identified with the MD’s and COO’s in each location and from the regional or corporate offices.
- •Develop improvement capabilities in staff, through involvement in projects and formal training as required.
- •Implement CI programmes to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness per terminal.
- •Identify methods and products to develop and/or improve standard operating procedures to best practice levels
- •Work alongside the COO and their team to identify opportunities for improvement and to reduce waste in processes.
- •Write business proposals where capital expenditures are required and support with financial, safety and efficiency improvement evaluations as applicable.
Process and Project Controls and Reporting
- •Develop systems to ensure ongoing improvement of processes in the terminal.
- •Create improvement pipeline of projects classified and prioritised for implementation.
- •Ensure proper management control systems and continuous improvement plans are in place to maintain focus and review with project owners on a regular basis.
- •Propose, agree, and deliver improvement activities as determined every year with the terminal management teams.
- •Assists the terminal management teams in developing projects designed to meet and maintain the terminal’s KPI’s.
- •Critically assess and report the financial implications of process improvement initiatives.
- •Share ad-hoc best practices between locations as arising.
- •In-depth understanding of container terminal operations.
- •Lean training and implementation experience essential. (Lean Master or PEX Black Belt, or equivalent.)
- •TPM and Six Sigma training and experience advantageous.
- •Strong understanding of process improvement and process mapping techniques
- •Experience of identifying, quantifying, initiating, leading and delivering process improvement programmes.
- •Experience working with management, employees, and customers, managing change and delivering improvements.
- •Effective negotiation, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- •Comfortable with financial procedures, reporting tools, and methods to be able to quantify financial benefits from initiatives
- •Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data, and represent key findings to other stakeholders.
- •English oral, written communications, and report writing skills critical.
- •French oral and written skills advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.