Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Its innovation has led to the growth of its active subscriber base to over 20 million. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as it continues to build its network and expand to new locations.
In March 2009, the NCC adjudged Etisalat as Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices measured by the regulatory body; in 2011 after a similar assessment, Etisalat’s network was once again rated best. To date, Etisalat Nigeria has won several industry awards for its innovation and quality service delivery. Some of these include: Brand of the Year, Fast Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator and Best Telecoms Customer Service among others.
Coordinate the implementation of an effective framework for the operation and maintenance of the base station subsystem and provide high level support functions on all operational transmission equipment.
- · Assist the Director, Network Operations in communicating the division's strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- · Plan and monitor the implementation of established internal processes using best practice standards to ensure a stable and highly available systems platform for an optimal operating environment.
- · Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the team/ function's activities.
- · Continuously review the unit/ team's activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- · Identify required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/ function's strategy.
- · Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- · Manage and support network access and network performance management systems and provide support on all existing and future access and transmission products.
- · Oversee the integration, management and administration of access network platform infrastructure (UNIX-Solaris and application level) and related equipment.
- · Liaise with the transmission operations unit to plan and coordinate the activities for extension of fibre routes to new transmission sites.
- · Ensure the performance and availability of all access network systems deployed and monitor the status and performance of network elements.
- · Develop and monitor a proactive maintenance cycle on all access network systems and infrastructure and ensure regular update of system documentation.
- · Oversee the resolution of faults in the access network environment and provide on-site remedial support as required.
- · Investigate and identify reasons for abnormal network conditions.
- · Take proactive steps to prevent network faults and failures.
- · Liaise with third-party vendors and initiate regular meetings to agree on service levels.
- · Manage vendor performance and ensure agreed SLAs are achieved.
- · Review recommendations of the internal audit function relating to BSS operations policies, standards, guidelines and operations and take action as required.
- · Implement the function's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- · Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- · Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across inter-departmental functions.
- · Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- · Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Network Operations.
- · Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Network Operations.
- · First degree in Engineering or a related field
- · Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- · Nine (9) to Twelve (12) years work experience with at least three (3) years in managerial role
- · Control Network Technologies
- · Network Administration
- · Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- · Radio Access Technologies
- · Delegation/ Supervisory
- · Influencing and Negotiation
- · Communication
- · Teaming
- · Passion for Excellence
- · Integrity
- · Empowering people
- · Growing people
- · Team work
- · Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.