FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Position is directly responsible for the safety, management, planning, and coordination of all WCS workshop activity. Position manages workshop staff, associated support staff and equipment/resources required for supporting EPC projects. Position liaises with multiple project teams to establish priorities and ensure needs of customers are met. All work shall be evaluated to ensure maximum utilization of both equipment and labor resources while eliminating waste in processes. Continual improvement in efficiency of operations is also a key requirement of this job.
- -Organize and plan operations in the workshop.
- -Manage all shop floor activities to ensure maximum utilization of personnel through resource planning and monitoring all activities to ensure delivery and product quality requirements are met.
- -Management at this level provides functional leadership and direction.
- -Ensure Workshop and activities are in compliance with FMC’s global safety standards.
- -Develop and execute budget for areas of responsibility.
- -Ensure good working practices and housekeeping in all activities.
- Organize, supervise and provide guidance during receipt inspection of equipment in the premises of FMC.
- -Provide status reports to the WSM, Base Manager and Project Managers as required.
- -Coordinate project needs and priorities with the Project Mangers.
- -Get involved in the execution of internal work orders including such related actions as preparation, budgeting, interaction, with subcontractors, logistics and planning.
- -Determine and manage customer expectations to deliver profitable solutions and develop lasting relationships.
- -Prepare requisitions, orders, and equipment lists, for supplies, parts and services.
- -Implement and maintain process ownership of the respective functional documentation including supporting manuals, procedures, routines and relevant documentation related to daily activity.
- -Ensure workshop capabilities to perform assembly of multiple equipment types for multiple customers. Equipment types to be defined by WSM, Base Mgr and Country Mgr but would include Trees, SCM’s, Jumper Connectors, IWOCs systems, Drilling tools, etc.
- -Implement and sustain Lean and 5S methodology in the workshop.
- -Actively contribute to the HSE system at your workplace (offshore and onshore). HSE performances are a core value of the corporation and you will manage HSE performances as an integral part of our business and lead by example.
- -Ensure that FMC achieves continual and measurable improvement.
- -Complete performance reviews (PDD’s) with all direct reports.
- -Compliance with the relevant legislation, regulations and company policies.
- -Preservation, storage, and maintenance of FMC-owned equipment and tools according to procedures.
- - Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering preferred or other technical degree/diploma.
- - 10+ years Oil and Gas Industry experience in workshop and/or offshore environment.
- - Previous supervisory/management experience.
- - Previous budgetary experience.
- - Sound understanding of HSE policies and principles.
- - Knowledge of production/assembly workshop methologies.
- - Knowledge of Manufacturing / Quality / Engineering inter - relationships and processes to include Low bay component assembly / Hi Bay final product assembly and Controls Equipment including Subsea Control Module (SCM) repair process.
- - SAP experience is preferred.
- - Sound knowledge of subsea equipment and tools.
- - Good communication skills – Fluent in verbal and written English, strong leadership qualities; PC literacy and a positive customer focused attitude to work.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale