FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for following set procedures and processes in regards to Focal point for planning and execution of assigned Import, Export and logistics in support of projects, supply chain and base operations. This role provides detailed planning and forecasting of shipping requirements, coordination, execution and tracking of all inbound and outbound flow of equipment and materials. Ensures compliance with all Nigeria and International trade compliance regulations and laws. Supports logistics activities for Onshore and Offshore field operations
- Reviews project contract and/or PO’s, defines and validates the logistics scope and requirements for Nigeria import/export requirements
- Generates form M, commercial, shipping and export documentation related to assigned project flow of for accuracy and completeness related to assign international and domestic transportation transactions and approved rates.
- Liaises with shipment coordinator to for accurate execution of inbound/outbound shipments and ensure appropriate packing and labeling and marking of packages
- Coordinates the “Load in” and “Load Out” for critical deliveries and provides relevant customs and shipping information for documentation.
- Implements and enforces local compliance procedures in alignment with corporate and regional guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assists in training assigned project team and stakeholders on updates of procedures and compliance and regulatory changes.
- Ensures overall compliance with all Nigerian and International trade processes and procedures established and meets all regulatory requirements.
- material and oversee the dispatching, tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Plans and executes the logistics requirements and activities for assigned project/material supply in accordance with International trading terms (INCOTERMS). Ensures the highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipments accurately.
- Works with equipment suppliers to ensure that key trade data, classifications and country of origin and valuations are in accordance with Trade Transactions
- Interfaces with approved Logistics service provider for assigned project /material flow shipments and logistics activities. Resolve any transportation and or port related issues as necessary. Assure timely delivery of shipments, accuracy in customs and shipping documentation and timely status/exception reporting
- Works with approved Logistics service provider to address related issues, concerns, disputes and audits
- Review and research customer complaints and inquiries, including shipping and pricing issues, damage claims, QA claims, returns and over/under shipments. Provide recommendations to management for solutions and claim settlement resolutions.
- Prepares shipping status reports as needed for assigned project/material flow. Responsible for holding logistics focused forecasting meetings with assigned project teams, international base management, general management team
- Manages the Master Shipping List (MSL) for their scope of Supply with inputs from shippers and the Authorization To Ship (ATS) Process.
- Generates and Maintains files, manual and electronic on all import and export transactions in compliance with government and FMC documentation retention policy requirements in a chronological order to ensure prompt responses to all shipping and material enquiries. Will hand over all closed files to Logistics analyst to be archived
- Review, check and technically approve invoices
- •BA or BS in International Trade, Logistics or related field or equivalent work experience
- •Certifications in Logistics and International Trade, Import and Export professional bodies preferred
- •Minimum of five plus years experience in import/export issues, international logistics, customs/international trade, Free Trade Zone and Nigeria regulatory structures and concepts
- •Must have understanding of Nigerian import/export regulations
- •Must be conversant with Importation and Export Customs Documentation and requirements
- •Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Harmonized Tariff product classification for import and export
- •Must have Oil and Gas Free Trade Zone experience
- •Understanding of transportation planning and execution processes and best practice.
- •Exceptional organizational abilities, including ability to manage, absorb and synthesize large volumes of data.
- •Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- •Excellent verbal and written communication skill set and experience working closely with international employees.
- •Negotiation skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in team based environment.
- •Strong problem solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- •Shows ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities simultaneously, set priorities in a fast paced environment and work independently.
- •PC skills with proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, power point, project management software, SAP or similar mainframe systems a plus
- •Some understanding of Global economic, politics and security concerns and the impacts on the global transportation industry and market dynamics
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.