If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State, Nigeria, presently has over 10,000 students, well over 1,200 staff and six Faculties. As a growing University in Nigeria, Adekunle Ajasin University wishes to maintain and consolidate its reputation for world class scholarship, education and research as well as for playing a central role in the development of humanity, Nigeria, Ondo State and the local community. The University is currently actively engaged in major academic, social and infrastructural developments, directed at firmly establishing its place in the comity of universities globally.
Adekunle Ajasin University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the position of:
- The above post is going to be vacant soon, and the Governing Council of the University has set in motion the due process for filling the vacancy.
- To this end, applications are hereby invited from enthusiastic, innovative and versatile candidates who wish to work on the ambitious and challenging tasks of consolidating and expanding/the gains and achievements recorded by the University so far.
- The candidate for the position of Vice Chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University must hold a PhD and be a renowned Professor (at least five years as a full Professor) from a recognized and acclaimed University anywhere in the world.
They must also possess:
- Capacity to provide leadership in all aspects of University life.
- A distinguished record of scholarship as evidenced by publications in top ranking journals, local and international.
- An international reputation as an academic.
- A team-leadership style of management and a commitment to work as a constructive team-player.
- An excellent working knowledge of the administration and culture of the University.
- A proven ability to attract funding.
- A demonstrable capacity to effectively represent the University anywhere in the world.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Impeccable character and very high moral standard.
- A clear understanding of the social problems like Poverty, HIV/AIDS, Cultism, Terrorism, Ebola, etc. currently ravaging our society.
Applicants should note, in addition, that:
- The position is in Akungba and the successful candidate must be easily able to work and live in the relatively remote and rural location of that town.
- The appointment is for a single term of five years.
- The salary and all other conditions attached to the post of Vice Chancellor are as in Government universities in Nigeria. There is also a sprawling Vice Chancellors Lodge located within the University campus.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should:
- Applicants should each forward 30 copies of their duly signed and dated detailed Curriculum Vitae along with their applications.
- They should also each enclose a one page write-up indicating their vision and mission for the University for the next five years.
- The Curriculum Vitae of any candidate identified by the University's Search Team must be accompanied by a letter of consent duly signed by such a candidate.
- Applicants must each have three (3) referees who should be requested to forward their references under confidential cover to the Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Council at the address given below.
Applications/nominations are to be placed in sealed envelopes marked VICE CHANCELLOR at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Council,
c/o The Registrar,
Adekunle Ajasin University,
P.M.B 001, Akungba-Akoko,
Ondo State, Nigeria.
Note: Only short listed candidates would be contacted. They will be required to attend an interview with the Joint Council and Senate Selection Committee.