Nigerdock’s fabrication yard is the standard by which excellence in the industry is measured. It has delivered on the country’s most important oil & gas construction projects including Total’s Usan and Akpo fields, ExxonMobil’s Erha and MIPS projects, Chevron’s Agbami and Escarvos Gas Projects as well as Shell’s Bonga project. The company’s capability includes construction of FPSO topside process modules, offshore platforms, flares, bridges and has built several of the world’s largest deepwater SPM buoys. The company is focused on becoming an FPSO topside integration centre for the industry.
Nigerdock is committed to the highest safety standards in the industry and has defined and maintained Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals, Policies and Procedures for all of its operations. The company’s workforce is consistently trained in the safe working practices of their individual fields.
Reporting to the HR Director, this role is responsible for the analysis and execution of Human Resources programmes and practices. In addition, this position will focus on supporting the development of the Human Resources function.
It will also support the development of a results-oriented company culture that emphasizes safety, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
Overall Primary Responsibilities
- HR Performance Management and Development, process and reporting
- Organisational Development and Organisational Design and Performance Management
- Onboarding process management and reporting
- Immigration and Visa Process
- Compensation and Benefits Management and analysis and reporting
- HRIS Optimisation and Development
- Implementation Employee Engagement initiatives and employee surveys
- Employee Relations
HR Process Development
- Support the HRD oversee the implementation of the Human Resources strategy.
- Continuous analysis of HR Policy processes and procedures with updates.
- Implements HR Policies across the business, ensuring understanding and compliance.
- Develops and administers programmes, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as required by the MD and HRD.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and legal reporting requirements. Maintains minimal company exposure to employee claims.
- Provides information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted.
- Protects the interests of the company and employees in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
Organisational Development and Design; Performance Management
- Manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Manages process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, job analysis, JDs, job families, competencies and org charts throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to the HRD.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Manages a process of organization development that plans, communicates, and integrates the results of strategic planning throughout the organization.
- Keeps the HRD and executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Manages and reports on the Performance Management process in order to measure the organization’s performance through using the right mechanism (i.e. Balanced Scorecard BSC, Objectives, etc.).
- Manages implementation of awareness sessions for management and staff to enhance their awareness of the performance management system and how it applies to appraisals and their performance.
- Manages the process of data collection for each performance measure and the reporting on the KPI's, Objectives, and Balanced Scorecard.
- Guides department heads in the development of performance measurement targets to ensure all targets are SMART (Specific, Measure, Achievable, Realistic and Time-framed).
- Guides department heads in the development of KPI’s for their departments to ensure consistency in the different types of KPI’s across the business and to ensure they feed into the company strategy.
- Guide employees in the development of Objectives that support company and departmental KPI’s.
- Ensures that Job Description are of high quality and complete for each position in the organisation, including future positions.
- Ensure that Organisation Charts are updated and complete.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Manages the immigration and on-boarding process for all employees with a view to accelerate post-offer joining timelines and productivity.
- Coordinates onboarding activities with Group HRSS and Group Logistics and Administration.
Compensation, Benefits and HRIS
- Develops and implements the company compensation and benefits structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Issues regular reporting on compensation analysis
- Leads continuous salary surveying via recruitment activities across levels
- Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefit training.
- Recommends targeted changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Aids in the management and maintenance of the Human Resources section of the Intranet, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information.
- Constantly evaluates the company’s HR software for efficacy and efficiency and suggests improvements and/or modifications.
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly HR Data reporting
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Develops and implements employee engagement initiatives that supports a positive environment
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee or management complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company.
- Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Manages Conflict
- Effective Communication
- Acts with Integrity
- Demonstrates Adaptability
- Decision Making and Analytical
- Planning and Organizing
- Insists on Excellence
- Drives for Results
- Initiates Improvements
Key internal interfaces
- All expatriate and permanent Nigerian staff
- Group HRIS & Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- HRD Nigerdock
- MD Nigerdock
Key external interfaces
- Recruitment Manager - AceTech
- Recruitment Agencies
- Union Officials