If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is a busy executive with local and international engagements in need of a Personal Assistant. Due to the busy schedule associated with the job both home and abroad, the client will give preference to:
- female applicants
- mature applicants (above 40 years of age, gone past the age of nursing children)
- applicants who have lived or studied abroad; executives planning to return back to Nigeria from the UK or US
- applicants exposed to attending high profile social events
- applicants who are trendy in fashion and style,
- • The Personal Assistant will provide high-level, confidential support to the office of the CEO
- • The PA will be in charge of wardrobe management for the CEO at various events and functions
- • She is expected to have fair knowledge of the various business units under the Group
- • She will be in charge of preparing non-vetted public speeches for the CEO at seminars, symposia, etc.
- • The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills
- • She must have international exposure (most preferably, studied abroad)
- • Her duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members.
- • This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- • In a nut shell the role provides an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the CEO helping to manage and prioritize time.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Assist the CEO in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- • Filter emails and calls highlight urgent correspondence(s).
- • Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc.
- • Conduct weekly diary meetings with the CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- • Schedule meetings on behalf of the CEO
- • Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements
- • Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO
- Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role in a highly pressurized environment requiring tact, judgement and discretion in handling internal and external contacts (essential).
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential).
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Expert level in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills (all essential):
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the CEO’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work with own initiative and with limited supervision
COMPULSORY APPLICATION ESSAY
Applicants should send in a one-page document essay highlighting
- - Previous related work experience as PA; direct report-line and employer
- - Duties carried out
- - Educational qualification (foreign or local)
- - Last salary (that can be verified with payslips)
- - Official trips outside Nigeria (if any)
- - Indicate readiness to embark on long distance trips (local and abroad) with CEO
- - Suitability for the job and reason for application
Method of Application
Forward the application essay, passport photograph and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using “PA-2-CEO” as the subject. Any application without the aforementioned will not be treated and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.