Our client is a busy executive with local and international engagements in need of a Personal Assistant. Due to the busy schedule associated with the job both home and abroad, the client will give preference to:
- female applicants
- mature applicants (above 40 years of age, gone past the age of nursing children)
- applicants who have lived or studied abroad; executives planning to return back to Nigeria from the UK or US
- applicants exposed to attending high profile social events
- applicants who are trendy in fashion and style,
- • The Personal Assistant will provide high-level, confidential support to the office of the CEO
- • The PA will be in charge of wardrobe management for the CEO at various events and functions
- • She is expected to have fair knowledge of the various business units under the Group
- • She will be in charge of preparing non-vetted public speeches for the CEO at seminars, symposia, etc.
- • The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills
- • She must have international exposure (most preferably, studied abroad)
- • Her duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members.
- • This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- • In a nut shell the role provides an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the CEO helping to manage and prioritize time.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Assist the CEO in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- • Filter emails and calls highlight urgent correspondence(s).
- • Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc.
- • Conduct weekly diary meetings with the CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- • Schedule meetings on behalf of the CEO
- • Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements
- • Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO
- Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role in a highly pressurized environment requiring tact, judgement and discretion in handling internal and external contacts (essential).
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential).
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Expert level in the use of Microsoft Outlook.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills (all essential):
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the CEO’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work with own initiative and with limited supervision
COMPULSORY APPLICATION ESSAY
Applicants should send in a one-page document essay highlighting
- - Previous related work experience as PA; direct report-line and employer
- - Duties carried out
- - Educational qualification (foreign or local)
- - Last salary (that can be verified with payslips)
- - Official trips outside Nigeria (if any)
- - Indicate readiness to embark on long distance trips (local and abroad) with CEO
- - Suitability for the job and reason for application
Method of Application
Forward the application essay, passport photograph and CVs to email@example.com using “PA-2-CEO” as the subject. Any application without the aforementioned will not be treated and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.