Job at Christian Aid Nigeria
Posted on: 13 October, 2011
Deadline: 28 October, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Christian Aid is a UK-based international NGO which exists to eradicate poverty around the world. It is currently working in more than SO countries, and has had a programme in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country Programme presently focuses on community health and HIV, accountable governance and pro-poor energy. The team has taken a strategic decision for governance to underpin all of its interventions, and we anticipate a significant scale-up in our governance activities over the coming years. We are looking for an analytical and dynamic individual who is able to drive forward our governance programme.
The Senior Programme Coordinator
(Governance) will be responsible for managing a number of projects in the area of governance, including a DFID-funded Global and Transparency Fund project. The role involves the support and management of partnerships, technical advice and expertise, and the effective disbursement of funds; as well as strategic planning, proposal development and fundraising. The post-holder will provide organisational capacity-building to partners in the area of governance, policy and advocacy, in line with CA standards.
The ideal candidate must possess a degree in a development-related field, preferably in political science or with a governance I public policy focus. S/he must have at least five years NGO working experience.
S/he will need:
• Significant experience of implementing governance programmes
• In depth understanding of issues of governance, power and rights
• Significant experience of working with small, indigenous partners
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong IT skills
• Good knowledge of official donors such as EU, DHD. USAID and a proven track record of successful fund raising.
You will need to be an individual who is meticulous about detail and well organized, who is able to plan, organize and prioritize a demanding workload.
Christian Aid values the contribution each person makes to the success of our organisation. You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Method of Application
To apply for this post, please download an application pack from
www.christianaid.org.uk/org and email your completed international
application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the
Please note that CVs will not be accepted Job reference: SPO-NG/2011/03 Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 28 October 2011
Interview date: Week beginning 31 October2011 (Only those shortlisted will be contacted.)
Christian Aid values diversity and aspires to reflect this in our
workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the
community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual
orientation, religion or belief.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Supply Chain Manager at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Fresh Vacancies at Creative Associates International
- Job Opening at Voices for Change (V4C) - Palladium Group
- Latest Job Openings at Première Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Transcriber/Transcriptionist at PeachAid Medical Initiative (PMI)
- Jobs at Marie Stopes International (MSION)
- Finance Intern at WaterAid Nigeria
- Financial Secretary at The Skills Outside School Foundation